For those who missed out on the TF2 Divisional Q&A session

GingaNinja

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,686
Another one of my recaps on a Vent event :):)

This event covers a wide variety of TF2 related questions, although there weren't many questions so this recap will be short.

#1
Q: JohnT mentioned a possible loss of servers, will this be effecting tf2??
A: We will most likely lose some servers (one of the 2forts probably), this is due to population loss (school, work, etc.)
But eGO will probably get some servers again next summer

#2
Q: (I disconnected from vent)
A: there will be a memorial day event going on, sorta of a back to school event

#3 IMPORTANT
Q: Hit&Run spray problem. Some punk drops in the server, sprays an offensive spray, than leaves. This results in the spray being untraceable, irremovable, and no one else can spray over it.
A: Contact someone on Vent who can restart the server (which is the only way to get rid of it)
Source guys working on this problem

#4

Q: Auto-balance on servers
A: not really sure whats going on,
If you feel a team needs a scramble, contact someone on Vent who can scramble

#5
Q:
When will leadership roster will be updated?, such as recruiter roster etc.
A: Recruitment division can only view the recruiters roster right now, Leadership has now been updated, AR roster needs being created

<lol Deja has put up a bounty on himself, dominate him on BM for 100k, Taunt kill for 200k>

#6
Q: HlX stats not resetting you stats?
A: Give it time first

#7
Q: Will there be land parties in places other than Cali or Florida?
A: Sure why not, just contact JohnT :)

#8
Q: Anyone going to PAX??
A: Link to thread

#9
Q: How are eG's selected?
A: Meet at event tonight to get these sort of questions answered
"e" Orientation

*starts searching iTunes for Ive gotta feeling, looses a question, was about vent promotions*
I believe the answer is just get in Vent a lot, it's not required, but it is highly recommended.

#10
Q:what happened to Neotokeyo servers??
A: Don't know, probably taken down from lack of people. :(

*finally finds it and buys the song* :biggrin:
the questions stop getting asked so i disconnect cuz i WANA LISTEN TO MY NEW SONG!!!

I hope this answers some of your questions, it wasn't a very long Q&A session

I underlined questions that involve Vent to make an emphasis on how useful a tool it can be along with it being a great way to get noticed. :thumbup1:
 
Thanks for this again! Your awesome, its a same we dont have actual recordings :(
 
Just a note:

The =(e)= Orientation will be Wednesday, September 2 at 8 P.M. CDT. Not tonight :)
 
I suppose having less servers during the school year is reasonable, as long as we don't get rid of too many :P
 
YES thank you!

Get rid of 2fort lol

The only reason I'm not at any orientation is that they're all being held at 4.... in the morning
 
Just a question...
I don't know why, but I can't talk in vent.

I got advice, installed it, did the instructions, everything. It won't let me talk...

Any other way to boost my chances of becoming an eG?
 
Just a question...
I don't know why, but I can't talk in vent.

I got advice, installed it, did the instructions, everything. It won't let me talk...

Any other way to boost my chances of becoming an eG?

Get it working, or all the other things that were stated, such as forum and ingame activity.
Edit:Ha, I ninja'ed Retribution
 
Last edited:
Just a question...
I don't know why, but I can't talk in vent.

I got advice, installed it, did the instructions, everything. It won't let me talk...

Any other way to boost my chances of becoming an eG?

play the game, talk to people, have fun, post in the forums. I didn't even have vent when I was promoted to G so it's not impossible to do.
 
Thanks for the post. I have two things to mention though.

1st, Why drop a 2fort server when they are constantly full? Honestly I think we would benefit more from changing out a different server.

2nd, I would use vent far more often, but I currently am only able to use it on my macbook pro. That said, the Speex Codec (the one that supports mac) isn't very widely available throughout the channels in vent... why? Why not just make it all Speex and let us use every channel, not just the few it is on?
 
2nd, I would use vent far more often, but I currently am only able to use it on my macbook pro. That said, the Speex Codec (the one that supports mac) isn't very widely available throughout the channels in vent... why? Why not just make it all Speex and let us use every channel, not just the few it is on?

/agree w/ #2 . Unless it cost extra to change codecs / require more bandwidth, it'd be nice to have more new faces maybe new mac friends :O in vent
 
Thanks, I'll try to spend more time in the forums and the shout box and stuff. Thanks For the Advice. :D
 
Back
Top