What to do with a LCD?

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
I have a laptop that died last month, and I just disassembled it for the working parts. One part that I'm not sure what to do with is the LCD screen. Have any of you guys heard of any interesting DIY projects for old laptop LCD screens? If I can't find something to do with it, I'll probably end up pawning it off on Craigslist or something.

The laptop was a Everex NM3500W
 
you could use it as a fancy plate to eat off of? or a paper weight...
 
i know if you look up wiring diagrams , you should be able to hook it up internally to a desktops video card , alot of people did this with ps2 portables for a while as well.
 
do not use craig list its bad, 5 people murdered from using that site. but use ebay its safer :P

People get killed from using the shower too. The chances of anything happening on craigslist are slim to none. You probably have a greater worry of getting scammed or having spam sent to your email.

Dealing locally is often easier and less of a hassle than selling on eBay. You don't need to ship, cash up front AND they can drive to your place to pick it up. The disadvantages are is that you have a smaller market to advertise to.

You might as well post it, at worst you just waste 15 minutes of your time.
 
i know if you look up wiring diagrams , you should be able to hook it up internally to a desktops video card , alot of people did this with ps2 portables for a while as well.

Alright, where do you suggest I start? I'm not currently geek enough to perform such a task, or even know where to look for that matter.

It's probably a hard diagram to find, since the company sucked in the first place, and have since gone out of business in the US. But if there's some good resource, I wouldn't mind spending some time looking it up. Or if they're all the same. That'd be pretty sweet.
 
try to incorperate it into or onto the side of a computer tower. That way you would have a one piece lan party rig. Be interesting project and something you could show off on utube ect.
 
try to incorperate it into or onto the side of a computer tower. That way you would have a one piece lan party rig. Be interesting project and something you could show off on utube ect.

Have any ideas on how to incorperate the panel's cable to be usable with desktop graphics? (I have a similar situation, and it would be cool to do that)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top