Keep in mind this never happens while playing a game, so I think it's unrelated to gaming.
Recently I have been having trouble with my computer hanging for random intervals while surfing the web, or doing word processing etc.
It will freeze up, and loop the last millisecond of music, or whatever sound was playing, and then it will come back, and work perfectly fine. It rarely happens, but I'm not really sure about what it could be related to.
I recently bought 4gigs, or Patriot Gaming RAM (PC2 8500). I don't think it's related to the RAM since the RAM seems to be good, but it hasn't started happening since I installed that.
I assume it's cause by some program that's running in the background though, and not my hardware.
The rest of my specs are as follows:
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400
XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3
Patriot Extreme Performance Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD2500AAJS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
GIGABYTE GA-P31-S3G LGA 775 Intel P31 ATX Intel Motherboard
Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2
Anyone have any ideas about what might be happening?
Recently I have been having trouble with my computer hanging for random intervals while surfing the web, or doing word processing etc.
It will freeze up, and loop the last millisecond of music, or whatever sound was playing, and then it will come back, and work perfectly fine. It rarely happens, but I'm not really sure about what it could be related to.
I recently bought 4gigs, or Patriot Gaming RAM (PC2 8500). I don't think it's related to the RAM since the RAM seems to be good, but it hasn't started happening since I installed that.
I assume it's cause by some program that's running in the background though, and not my hardware.
The rest of my specs are as follows:
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400
XFX HD-485X-ZDFC Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3
Patriot Extreme Performance Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD2500AAJS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
GIGABYTE GA-P31-S3G LGA 775 Intel P31 ATX Intel Motherboard
Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2
Anyone have any ideas about what might be happening?








