About using spec to avoid being on the losing team...

bigwilly

Active Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
399
Please do no use Spectate when you are autobalanced to a losing team, especially if you do it over and over again. It shows a sincere lack of character on your part, and casts a very bad image on our clan, especially to all the pubs out there who see that there are some eGO members who won't stick with a losing team. The pubs get demoralized and disillusioned, and leave. If you use Spec to play with your friends, that's fine, but if one team is losing please consider you and your friends all switching to that team and not the winning team. This Spec-bouncing is becoming a little too common, especially with our junior members, and I've seen servers empty out because of it. Thank you.
 
I've seen this happen quite a bit in Turbine. It's not just the =e='s though I've seen a few =eG='s do it too after a humiliating defeat.
 
I can see switching teams to make sure that both teams have an admin. Other than that just accept the luck of the draw and work to support the team your on. I always start out letting the server pick my team for me. If I had skill I would switch to the losing team if it was getting steamrolled. Members of Edge Gamers are supposed to be trying to keep it fun for everyone. We should be working to balance the teams if they are uneven. We should not to be cheating the autobalance so that we can be with the "winners".
 
The only time I will use spec to go back to the team I was on, if there's two admins in the server and we need one on each time.
 
I've been switched from the team I MADE win to the losing team. You just need to get over it and help your current team. You have the unique opportunity to make any team you are on win the game. Just know that you can win any time, no matter the odds.
 
Im glad you posted this. I hate it when people fail to support their team.

Usually, i do the opposite of what you mentioned. I will switch to the loosing team just to help out. Cause theres nothing more satisfying than helping turn the tables in a game. :P
 
Who am I have loyalties to a team? I'm supposed to be a mercenary right?
 
Let it be known that using spectate to circumvent or manipulate the autobalance in ANY way is not allowed from any of our members. Please remind your fellow eGO members, if you see them doing this, that we do not look highly upon it. Thanks.
 
I've switched teams when I've been unfairly autobalanced (like, I just got in, capped twice, and then got switches), but I've never used Spec to do it, I've just waited.
 
I've switched teams when I've been unfairly autobalanced (like, I just got in, capped twice, and then got switches), but I've never used Spec to do it, I've just waited.

This is fine. If the teams change to allow you to directly switch back, that's fine. Just don't use spec to do so.
 
Is switching teams when their not balanced a good thing or a bad thing then?

Say im on Red team with 16 players and Blu team has 14. If i switch to Blu to make it an even 15-15, am i breaking an eGO rule?
 
Is switching teams when their not balanced a good thing or a bad thing then?

Say im on Red team with 16 players and Blu team has 14. If i switch to Blu to make it an even 15-15, am i breaking an eGO rule?

I'm pretty sure that's encouraged.
 
This really annoys me, especially when somebody causes you to get auto balanced, and then later you get auto balanced back when they leave. It is a very cheap way to boost scores and rankings. I did it when I first joined, but that was becuase my team was making me stress out and I was trying to avoid stress because of medical reasons. Now that I'm better, I just play on whichever team and try to help them win.
 
Ive never spectated after Ive been autobalanced before...Rather, Im usually the one switching to even up teams at times =P But yes...It does give off a bad image if eGO members do it...
 
Let it be known that using spectate to circumvent or manipulate the autobalance in ANY way is not allowed from any of our members. Please remind your fellow eGO members, if you see them doing this, that we do not look highly upon it. Thanks.

Only way possible is to join spectator is to help the losing team to help the balance return to the teams, what in my eyes is only allowed if a higher admin is present and asks you for your help. If no higher admin or anything is present, you are encouraged to do what you think is right (this was the way I worked this stuff out, dont know if it is still the same or not)

Also you don't have to be an ego member to help the balance, you can ask pubs as well, usually they love to help out and you have another friend and that makes it even easier for recruitment purposes.
 
Last edited:
The only time I will use spec to go back to the team I was on, is when Frisky Dingo joins the team I was on.

Fixed. :) . Seriously guys, this needs to stop, remember we need to set an example for others to follow. I usually ask who ever and I mean who ever tries to team jump to please just join the game and have fun. You never know the team you join may be needing your help and you just may get a win. Lets set a good example guys and stop team jumping to the winning team. Like Cl!ff said as well, if any one not only an admin asks for your help on the losing team for example ( anyone care to help us try and get a win) feel free to jump over to the losing team and help them out the best you can, that goes for every eGO member. It really sets a good example and you never know, alot of admins will see you trying to help out and in my opinion an (e) doing this earns respect from me and im sure from alot of other admins. I jump from time to time to the losing team in hopes of helping them out and keeping our servers full, last thing we want is a server clearing out because of unblanced teams or because of team jumpers.
 
Last edited:
autobalance can be so painfully awkward. especially if you're a spy and have just backstabbed half their team. but i didn't even know people did that, I just play on whatever team it sticks me, and if I get autobalanced i just play there. i like to kill, winning doesn't bother me too much.
 
Hmm, I've never actually thought of this. I usually just slug it out till the bloody, humiliating end. I'd rather play than sit around, after all. No use speccing, that'd just be a waste of time.
 
Never saw anyone actually do this, but i'll keep on a lookout. I only go spectator when i need a 5 minute break(when i join server - press "space" button 2 times, choose a class and go!) :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top