But I can't turn left!

Notice: That's the side with the sniper fence above it, harder for enemies to drop down and attack straight away. Generally people turn left more in game because it feels more natural for some reason.
 
rsh6ra.jpg
 
Notice: That's the side with the sniper fence above it, harder for enemies to drop down and attack straight away. Generally people turn left more in game because it feels more natural for some reason.

I wonder if that's a UK thing. I thought I recall seeing the opposite. That people veer to the right more often. That would jive with UK driving on the wrong side ;) (ie left) and USA driving on the right side.

Interesting... I think we need a multimillion dollar government funded case study to verify these findings. I'll go write my Congressman now to request some money :P

-Groo
 
While your there groo can you request some money to help pay off my loans? thanks buddy :)
 
i think it might have something to do with the right handedness of players. and a soldier or demo at the front dont, i'm going to go to the right side (facing out) more often cause i dont have to expose myself as much to fire a shot.
 
You head left because the main spawn is to the right and generally where most of the enemy is dropping down on you from.
 
Thats the thing, more people die to the right, so why don't more people go left so they don't get killed as much? I generally try to vary it up, but even I go to the right more often than to the left.
 
I don't know why but it seems harder to jump from the right of the battlements...

sct.png
 
If we're just saying which side is BETTER to attack on, it's definitely the left.

From your right (opponent left):

1. Snipers can line up huntsman shots and throw jarate with better effect.

2. Demos have more room to set up sticky traps on the battlements, and visibility is slightly better for them.

3. It's easier for opponents to seek shelter. I know this seems counter-intuitive, but how many times have you died trying to get back into secondary spawn? I'm always getting stuck on retarded laggy spawn doors.

I'd be willing to bet that death map includes scouts who died in mid-air. I have a way easier time killing scouts who are attacking battlements to their right (my left).
 
I go under the bridge thank you very much! :P

Edit: Oh, 2fort, not that one with the cpoint on a bridge..
I hate getting wet, it takes too long.
Not sure about other classes but as a spy I almost always go right, because there's usually heavy/medic/pyros flooding out of the left.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top