CS Jailbreak Maybe we have too many admins?

Contivalious

Poster
=(e)=
Now before I start I just want to say I have no hate or ill will towards the administration team this is just a genuine concern.

A Little Info About Me
Hi, I'm Contivalious and I've been playing JB for a very long time and have witnessed EGO since its merge with JB when pG was brought to an end. Over the years I've seen this the heights that this group has brought to JailBreak and have made very fun memories. I've also seen a lot of the flaws with the structure within the community and staff.

There Are Too Many Admins
Also this post turned to be a huge shitshow I'm going to referencing Nifty's post about poorly trained JB admins "https://www.edgegamers.com/threads/379239/". While Nifty's point may have been aggressive he did point out a VERY major flaw that is very common in Jailbreak and that's administrators making bad decisions. And ok, admins are humans too but this has become such a common issue where people don't even bother reaching out to admins anymore when they are freekilled or a rule is broken unless a server manager is on. I understand that we are a growing community but it seems like every couple of months we get 10 more admins and rarely lose admins. Leading me to my next point...

Why do old admins still have there positions?
Ok fine lets say the server does desperately need 10 new admins but why don't we remove old admins who rarely played or probably haven't even played since the rule changes? If this honestly wasn't an issue then all the admins could be easily listed on the edge gamers forum post but there are around 20 admins alone that make up the leadership team. The CSGO server can only hold 54 (maybe a little more if you use console connect) we don't need 54 admins to match it. I believe that by removing inactive admins not only could we open up more positions but cut out a lot of unnecessary confusion when inactive admins return to fulfill a position they no longer understand.

Why do all eGO admins across every inactive game have access to the JB admin panel
I quite literally watched a FiveM admin try to warden in JB then use his admin powers (not !peace the message quite literally said "muted by admin") to mute prisoners and guards while they were trying to instruct him on how to actually operate the buttons on the map. I doubt a minecraft admin, GTA admin, or (even TTT/surf) god knows whatever game administrator needs to have access to the admin commands in JB. There is genuinely no good reason to. (I was told by an admin that all administrators had access to all admin panel on every edge gamers owned server).

The server does not need to be filled by admins
This one may seem less important but the JB server does not need 10 player slots filled up by eGO admins. This is a very clear sign that too many players are administrators. Maybe 5 max are really needed at a time and it just look very tacky that 1/5 of the player list are administrators in my opinion.

I think edge gamers needs a server reduction in the amount of administrators we have for not just JB but as a whole. I am sorry if I've insulted or upset anyone this was not my intention.

TDLR:
We have way too many fucking admins and should honestly just start removing a lot. [No admins no rules :) ]

I don't think there's a need to remove any, even if someone who is an eGO playing a game that isn't their main they can still probably catch someone who is mfk'ing in jailbreak or cheating in whatever game. The server being full isn't really anybodys problem because if you aren't a paying player, who in power cares to make change, and paying players can still get in. But I totally agree with restricting power if you aren't well versed in the game, I don't mean totally, but if you have never played jb you don't need to be using all your commands when you don't fully understand how to. But idk, half agree with you half don't. Take me with a grain of salt as I suck at expressing my opinion.

[No admins no rules :) ]
very credible information.

New or old admins follow the same exact process to be able to admin for Jailbreak. Admins are people and aren't always going to be around, we all have lives after all, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't keep the role they earned. Admins are allowed to go inactive and return, they may need to be refreshed on how to admin JB if so. If an admin from another game is admining without being trained first, that would be an issue.

I think it would be dumb to say "ONLY 5 admins on at a time because it looks tacky if there is more than that!". If people are promoted to help, there is no need to limit them. Admins want to enjoy the game (like everyone else) and help by enforcing our CoC on the server.

Imagine 5 admins sweating to keep JB afloat and not being able to enjoy the game at all because they are getting 50 reports? I think we'd need to be getting paid first... lol

1656551741512.png

omg a hit tweet!

nah but
Why do old admins still have there positions?
all admins hold their rank so long as they have been trained. the rules havent wildly changed in a long while, i cant even remember the last mass retraining. that being said, we have had occasions where an old admin (or board member from time to time) hop on and admin like its 2015.

in those situations, it's an easy fix. just retrain them.
Why do all eGO admins across every inactive game have access to the JB admin panel
we don't have a JB admin panel except the one on the server. we have trainings for each and every game. if there's an admin who doesn't know how to do stuff on the server and is still attempting it anyway, find an AT or talk to a manager so they get a retraining.
The server does not need to be filled by admins
the server needs to be filled with players. i, myself, havent had to admin in a fat minute, i go on bhop to play and if i have to admin, i do. admins are people too. except heidi heidi . there is no way she's a real person

very credible information.

New or old admins follow the same exact process to be able to admin for Jailbreak. Admins are people and aren't always going to be around, we all have lives after all, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't keep the role they earned. Admins are allowed to go inactive and return, they may need to be refreshed on how to admin JB if so. If an admin from another game is admining without being trained first, that would be an issue.

I think it would be dumb to say "ONLY 5 admins on at a time because it looks tacky if there is more than that!". If people are promoted to help, there is no need to limit them. Admins want to enjoy the game (like everyone else) and help by enforcing our CoC on the server.

Imagine 5 admins sweating to keep JB afloat and not being able to enjoy the game at all because they are getting 50 reports? I think we'd need to be getting paid first... lol
That's fair. The 5 admins thing wasn't really the point I was trying to make it was more that at points during the day a large portion of playerslots are admins which was just a sign that maybe there are too many. And I'm not saying old admins have no earned their position but just like any position inactivity will lead to demotion to make way for new players or in this case because it's simply not needed. This leads to abuse and scenarios like Nifty's post. I'm also not saying admins can not enjoy the game but simply on an overall point of view a sign that there are too many admins.

Last edited:
  • Any admin that wants to use the "Admin panel" in a game for example JB, needs to be trained for it, if they are not trained and using admin powers then report them, they will be talked to.
  • Only because there is 10 admins playing doesn't mean there is too much admins it just simply means that at that moment 10 person that happened to be admins wanted to play, sometimes at some part of the day there can be 54/54 players and 0 admins, it just depend of the time, which cab mean that there should be more admins instead, there is really not a lot of admins for some time zone leading to moments the server is just so chaotic because there is no admins.

you see a lot of admins in JB because they simply decide to play on JB, you can sometimes see TTT, BHOP, Surf, KZ or AWP with 0 admins and full server because there is no admin that want to play there and you cannot force us to play there because we are players too, if we want to play JB instead of TTT or Surf you cant really do anything, being an admin is not a job

• Any admin that wants to use the "Admin panel" in a game for example JB, needs to be trained for it, if they are not trained and using admin powers then report them, they will be talked to.
  • Only because there is 10 admins playing doesn't mean there is too much admins it just simply means that at that moment 10 person that happened to be admins wanted to play, sometimes at some part of the day there can be 54/54 players and 0 admins, it just depend of the time, which cab mean that there should be more admins instead, there is really not a lot of admins for some time zone leading to moments the server is just so chaotic because there is no admins.

you see a lot of admins in JB because they simply decide to play on JB, you can sometimes see TTT, BHOP, Surf, KZ or AWP with 0 admins and full server because there is no admin that want to play there and you cannot force us to play there because we are players too, if we want to play JB instead of TTT or Surf you cant really do anything, being an admin is not a job
I'm not attempting to force any admin to not play JB it was simply a sign that maybe too many people have the role of "admin". Not to force admin not to play JB. If eGO is constantly recruiting more eG's than removing admins how many people will be an admin until the server is filled with mostly eG's and eGO's.

Terrible take.
this has become such a common issue where people don't even bother reaching out to admins anymore when they are freekilled or a rule is broken unless a server manager is on.
I am not that active anymore, but I am happy to say that when I do come on I always see old players who I know. (and much more new payers :) ) What I also see when I come on is people in admin chat :0. I hope you know that managers rarely actually deal with free kills (understandably, since they have dealt with their fair share), unless maybe only they and a couple of admins are on. What I'm trying to say is, that you think you speak for everyone when you say this but this is only you.
On a full server, my chat is usually red if not from reports then from admins chatting amongst themselves. And I think that's great, the more admins the better, you need to understand that admins are not sitting there all the time ready to act on a broken rule. When I die in jb I usually scroll TikTok or message my friends or whatever. If I'm online I cant guarantee you that i will see every message but if there are more admins it's more likely that someone will see a complaint, therefore making it better. "Old" admins are usually SUPER chill and they are there to have fun.No one is coming back to jb and getting ready to ban everyone.

I could go on but people above already explained everything but hey people believe what they want
Hope to see you guys online soon

idk even if there is like say 8 admins on, that probably means the server is close (if not already) to being full and even with "all" eyes on the game it can still be super hard to catch even small actions and get the full scope of what's going on in a given situation. I personally don't see any reason to lower the amount of admins we have in any situation.

If admins are being troublesome even in the smallest of ways, things can add up quick so definitely report any no no's you see, admins or not.

A long time ago, I used to exclusively play jailbreak when all we had were CSS servers, so I can kind of understand. Admining in Jail is unique and complex, which is why we have a totally seperate admin class for it. If you do not know how to admin in Jail and tried to admin and made a mistake, everyone would be upset at you. I do not play Jail anymore because the first time I tried to play, everyone was screaming into their microphone and calling each other slurs and that just isn’t fun to me and that’s fine.

I do not agree on limiting admins or their powers. There’s people who worked their butt off to be an admin and people who enjoy keeping our servers punk free and who..You gussed it, enjoy playing the game. They shouldn’t be punished or not allowed to play because x amount of admins are also playing. I always recommend to play Jailbreak for a few weeks before even begin admining. If you ever had a question, you could always message Leadership.

Remember, at the end of the day, we all come online to do one thing: have fun. We’re players first and admins second.

Latest posts

Back