Low FPS Crossfired 4770's

SGV.T4nK.909

Poster
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
198
Ok so today i bought my second ATi Radeon 4770, and a new power supply. And My fps is like 90 and below..never breaks 120.....in call fo duty 4....

is this low or am i expecting too much?

System Info

Motherboard: MSI K9A2 CF
Processor: AMD Phenom x3 8650 @2.3ghz
RAM: Corsair 800MHZ 4GB DDR2
PSU:600W Thermaltake Touchpower SLI Ready
GFX: 2 XFX ATI Radeon 4770's Crossfired
OS: Windows 7 RC Ultimate 32bit
HDD: 320GB WDC SATA2 HDD
Optical Drive: Sony DVD RW

I tried optimal settings in COD4 and got like 42 fps...absolutely horrible,
when i tweeked it a bit i for up to but no further than 102fps.....

Thats

1650x1080 Rez
60HZ
2x AA
Sync Frame : No
Dual Video Cards: Yes
Depth of Field: No
Specular Map: yes
Soften Smoke edges: No
Shadows: No
Model Detail: Normal
Water Detail Normal


Like Im saying really low fps...absolutely freakin horrible....:facewall::facewall::facewall:
 
Have you turned off the max fps cap?

Type in console /com_maxfps (desired fps)
 
Yes, one of the first things I Did. I soon found out that its because my PCI-E is 16/8 so when two cards are in play, they are at 8/8 so its like im running old PCI-E's. I used the overdrive utility and got much better results.

I am now running at a respectful 100+fps, and cap out at times around 205fps.
 
Yes, one of the first things I Did. I soon found out that its because my PCI-E is 16/8 so when two cards are in play, they are at 8/8 so its like im running old PCI-E's. I used the overdrive utility and got much better results.

I am now running at a respectful 100+fps, and cap out at times around 205fps.

I don't think it is bandwith issues. Pci-e barey uses what is has capability to. I might just be that the game dosnt like crossfire...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top