Whats up with TF2 division..

I've been a bit busier with school and homework. I can usually still play on the weekends though.
 
Is there where I insert my obligatory Warparth2_u4 line?

Fixed.




Alright, in more seriousness, we probably need to drop a server to compensate (in my opinion). A little more concentration of players couldn't hurt.
 
Alright, in more seriousness, we probably need to drop a server to compensate (in my opinion). A little more concentration of players couldn't hurt.

As sad as this is to drop a server in TF2, I think that is what needs to be done to consolidate the community now that school has started so we can have a stronger focus on a fewer number of servers. I love TF2. :)
 
It's a weird situation for me. I'm working as a substitute teacher during the day, but no one needs subs (regularly) this early in the school year, so I'm sitting around a lot. Personally, I prefer to seed when I know I won't need my computer for anything (so when I'm sleeping, out of the house for an extended period of time, or working). Flip side, I can't play all day, as much as I might want to, because I'm starting to feel the beginning of burn out. I really don't want that with TF2 :).

With the summer over, it's hard to guarantee servers being full/seeding throughout the day. I know I want to keep seeding more and more to try and help in some way. I definitely plan on listening in on the meeting Sunday and see what ideas others might have for boosting the servers.
 
I have noticed while on 2fort regular spawn since the change over was fine at first but then after awhile a bit of lag, and have seen others join and complain about lag and leave, while some players login then immediately disconnect.
 
A new variety of maps would be nice. I love the valve maps server but it never gets populated. I am tired of 2fort all day long, with lag spikes.
 
It's not really school but the fact that nobody's playing on my favorite servers.... like egypt, regular 2fort, or even blackmesa!
 
Throw in the banspam we've been seeing recently, looks like our TF2 servers are in a bit of trouble lately. I just hope things pick up soon, before the division turns stale.
 
The game has just become a bit unsavory for me. Ever since the Scoot update, and my lack of a hat, It gets a bit discouraging. Sure blackmesa is fun, but the rest of the servers are a bit dull, except for turbine and valve maps, but i lag out on those.
 
I am currently killing bad guys as Batman, he's a lot more fun that the Scout right now.

I just wonder how like...half of things he does doesn't end up killing a guy,
 
Nothing for me. No school, no extra work, no extra responsibilities. But I can't fill a server by myself, either.

We might need some server starter squads, divided up by free (available) times. That is, groups that will all go to one server at a certain time and PLAY not seed.

It's probably a bunch of little things, but I hope we can get the situation righted.

(Free 11PM - 130PM Central.)
 
College / Work / Social life.

When I do find time all I play is Dustbowl, PL and valve maps, and occasionally Egypt, you know the maps with good players on them.
 
Throw in the banspam we've been seeing recently, looks like our TF2 servers are in a bit of trouble lately. I just hope things pick up soon, before the division turns stale.


That could be part of it. Who wants to go into a server only to get mass-banned. Sure the Advisors and DL's are reinstating those playing, but getting banned would leave a sour taste in one's mouth I would think (I dunno, I've never been banned). Plus it scares off the pubs that play on our servers.
 
I think I figured it out tonight. With 20ish players on the map you need an over representation of core classes. Soldiers, medics, engies, demo, and maybe pyro. What you don't need is 1 soldier, 1 engie, 1 medic, 1 heavy, 1 demo, 3 snipers, and 2 spies.

I left 4 of the EGO servers tonight because the game was so unbalanced due to players playing whatever class they wanted to instead of trying to pick a class based on what the team needed. If there are 15 players on a team, sure play sniper. But when it's low numbers (as it has been the last few weeks) pick something else. You aren't good enough to carry the team when 2 ubers come busting down on the intel door.

I think EGO should turn the auto-balance off. It doesn't help that much. What should happen though, is if a team wins let's say 6 matches in a row, then the server auto-scrambles the team. It's getting ridiculous.
 
Been working on building up the GoR 2Fort Engi Power Server.

Now that that is done, I'm gonna be on more often.
 
There are four main reasons that I'm not in TF2 nearly as much (see: pretty much at all) anymore.

1. I've gotten back into raiding recently so I've spent a lot more time in WoW.
2. Ping issues with most servers.
3. How Valve has been treating the community as of late.
4. How other members of eGO treated each other during the idle fiasco.

All four of those things hit at the same time and I lost interest in playing TF2. To compare, there are two games I could play. One of them gives me: Lower ping, more enjoyment, a group of people that don't call me a cheater at the drop of a hat, and a publisher that doesn't openly mock and troll their user base. The other game is TF2. Which one do you think I'm going to play?

I went back to where I have more fun and don't feel like the guild I'm in has two separate sides. I'm sure I'll come back but I currently feel very disenfranchised with eGO, Valve and TF2 due to recent events.
 
From my experience in dustbowl:

I never had a good ping so I am used to that, but I can understand people are annoyed by having high pings.

Nobody is starting up the server. I can't even play on dustbowl is my own time or I have to make it past 1 o clock at night

Also dustbowl is a server which is mostly dominated by pubs, a lot of the pubs left because of the stat system or went to another server, like nemu's or lotus something like that. Also {NLS} has gotten his own server/working on it and a lot of pubs which use to play dustbowl on eGO servers now go there.

Since there are still a few pubs that play on dustbowl and they are very good, they will create an imbalance in the teams which cause people to ragequit. And usually no O or G or e is helping to fix this imbalance.

Not working stats (this is not against Agent86 since he is doing a great job) I and a lot of others want to play for something, not working stats is for us a bit pointless/boring.

Recruitment of new players: if this is very low, slowly the servers will get empty since you can't expect we are all going to play this game for the rest of our lives. It is amazing that some of the players are here for this long already.
 
Well, as of yesterday the new valve maps server we have is dead to me now :crying: the reason being we no longer have control of it (RTV, Nominate). I will be moving to a diff server, perhaps our PL_Maps or Dustbowl, not sure. For all you on that server, see you soon. :closedeyes:
 
Back
Top