New to TF2

Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
173
I was the noob in 2Fort last night. A big thanks to all that helped me figure out some of the controls and such. I look forward to playing with all of you in the future, and extend a warm invite for all of you to come over and play DoD:S sometime!
 
Welcome to TF2, give Mesa a try. Its the fun, never ending, back and forth slaughter that Flash is, just more awesome :)
 
Try PL Maps instead. It'll give you a sense of pride when the game actually progresses.
 
+1 for Black Mesa if you want to just kill kill kill...

or in other people's cases... camp camp camp. =]
 
WELCOME

temple_of_doom_flaming-heart.jpg
 
Try all of the maps. Try all of the classes. Have fun.

Three most common game modes.
1. Capture points; like dod taking flags but often it's a linear process. e.g. Must own a and b before you can get to c etc.
2. Capture the intelligence (flag) return it to your base.
3. Payload; push a bomb down a railroad track. Like jungle ball in gym class except one side is all offense and one side is defence.

Classes:
Scout; very fast, light health.
Spy; stealthy can disguise and turn invisable and sap engineers structures. Lethal backstab.
Engineer; can build dispensers (ammo health metal), sentry guns, teleporter pairs.
Heavy; Mobile machine gun, inaccurate at long range excellent health, slow.
Sniper; Just like DoD, backup weapon machine pistol.
Demo; pipe bombs (timed grenades) stickies (remote activated limpet mines)
Soldier; Rocket and shotgun
Pyro; Flame thrower, good for finding disguised and cloaked spies, effective close range.
Medic; Heals players and can make themselves and the people they are healing invulnerable or give the person they are healing critical hits for 8 seconds if they have healed enough points. Fast but poor health. Slowly regenerates own health.

Engineer and Spy have the most new things for a dod player to learn. You may want to get used to the other classes first.

Check out this site as a reference.
 
Last edited:
Every time I heard "We have lost our intelligence" I couldn't help but think of Team America....I will give Black Mesa a shot after work tonight.
 
I believe I played with you on 2Fort. You weren't that bad actually. You seemed better than I was when I first started TF2.

Anyway, Hope you become addicted to TF2 like the rest of us. Trust me. You will.
 
Anyone ever notice on mesa that the eGO and eG's end up on one side and the e's predominantly on the other?
 
I was the noob in 2Fort last night. A big thanks to all that helped me figure out some of the controls and such. I look forward to playing with all of you in the future, and extend a warm invite for all of you to come over and play DoD:S sometime!

Hey, Craig, it was great playing with you tonight on what had to be the longest round of 2fort ever! I hope to see you around some more.
 
I was the noob in 2Fort last night. A big thanks to all that helped me figure out some of the controls and such. I look forward to playing with all of you in the future, and extend a warm invite for all of you to come over and play DoD:S sometime!

A tip: Never, EVER, EVER! play 2fort for more than 20 minutes. Its not right. And watch your back, watch ur head, duck when u see a pyro, when theres a soldier, jump like ur life depends on it(which it does) if u see a demo DO NOT RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE and if u see stickies make the scout go before you. if u see a scout kill it at all costs. last but not least. sentries r target practice and should be ignored. Have a nice day.
(I purposely said nothing about spy because im waiting for frisky to dominate you.)
 
lol, Frisky will dominate him if he knows how to fight agains spies well anyway :P

Frisky is pretty much the only spy that can kill me without fail lol.
 
Try PL Maps instead. It'll give you a sense of pride when the game actually progresses.

I feel pride in 2fort when we make a cap =/ Well, depending on how many people are on.



Welcome to tf2! I was actually thinking of trying Day of Defeat, but I am not sure it's my style :3
 
The thing that 2fort has over most maps except for maybe Mach 4 and Turbine is that you're in the action within seconds after you spawn. On some of the other maps, you spend way too much time getting from spawn to the action, which is especially annoying if you play a slower class.
 
The thing that 2fort has over most maps except for maybe Mach 4 and Turbine is that you're in the action within seconds after you spawn. On some of the other maps, you spend way too much time getting from spawn to the action, which is especially annoying if you play a slower class.

Yah especially if that action is a demo ironhorsing you.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top