What is this?

Chase

Thread Thumper
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
1,143
Ive been playing CSS for years, and to this day im still puzzled by this so i figured someone has to know.

What's going on when i see an enemy pop from behind a corner, doing what looks like throwing his gun at me? (its almost a slashing motion)

Can someone shine some light on this?
 
i think what you are seeing is actually them switching weapons. as in they had a grenade out and had the pin pulled, then when they see you they quick switch to their gun. It looks like they're doing the throwing motion of the grenade, but really they're just getting their gun to shoot you in the face
 
Hmm, that sounds about right, especially since its almost always followed with me getting headshoted.

They shoot while the animation is still playing though, which is partly why i wondered. That would be the clientside so i guess that settles it.
Thanks.
 
That is what you see when the player switches from anything to primary. (Unless they bought it or picked it up). I'm sure you know that a primary sits on your back when it's not in your hands. Thus, when you draw it, you pull it off of your back, over your head, and in front of you.

People actually see this..ish
 
A glitch CSS Never fixed... Its still there for years, its really the motion of throwing a nade, but its at random times i guess :/
 
Yep Gun Quickswitch Button... I think its odd, cuz sometimes they shoot before the gun is actually fully out... lol
 
Its a bug in the game does it to everyone it looks like they are throwing a grenade actually or are quick switching from nade to gun.
 
I always see this too, guy comes from around the corner and he makes a throwing motion at me and next thing i know I'm on the ground. It's like he throws a bullet at my head.
 
I've actually been wondering about something else that's related..

When I switch to say.. a pistol.. it always has to go through the animation of pulling on the gun (don't know the correct term for this) before I'm able to shoot.. but when I spec others, they don't have to wait for this... is this a related issue?
 
I've actually been wondering about something else that's related..

When I switch to say.. a pistol.. it always has to go through the animation of pulling on the gun (don't know the correct term for this) before I'm able to shoot.. but when I spec others, they don't have to wait for this... is this a related issue?

It's either

a) Because you're watching somebody, your perception of time changes. I know that whenever I see somebody switch, they always have a pause before firing.

b) Your client happens to show it to you differently

c) In 3rd person it shows the pistol out AFTER the draw anim is done.


I'm betting on A
 

Latest posts

Back
Top