I'm making a map

Should it be CP or PL

  • Attack/Defend Control Point

    Points: 23 63.9%
  • Payload

    Points: 13 36.1%

  • Total voters
    36

nightcall

Poster
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
126
Due to the jail mapping contest for Counter Strike I am going to make a jail based TF2 map in my spare time. The one problem I am having is deciding whether to make it a payload or attack/defend control point.

What do you think I make it, a PL or CP?
 
Due to the jail mapping contest for Counter Strike I am going to make a jail based TF2 map in my spare time. The one problem I am having is deciding whether to make it a payload or attack/defend control point.

What do you think I make it, a PL or CP?

Jail should stay in CSS... or just disappear completely. As someone in Vent said regarding this very subject last night when I joked about it: "Making jail map for TF2 would be like putting plastic spinner hubcaps on an Aston Martin" :)
 
If you are, do the CP.

I would NOT play jailbreak in tf2 though
 
Would be interesting to see how a jailbreak server would be like in TF2 but I doubt it would take off...
 
CP.. and I wouldnt know how you will make a Jail map for TF2
 
jail should stay in css... Or just disappear completely. As someone in vent said regarding this very subject last night when i joked about it: "making jail map for tf2 would be like putting plastic spinner hubcaps on an aston martin" :)

lol!
 
CP is always fun PL can get boring if one team just keeps getting rolled.
 
attack/defend would be cool

have the attackers start off in the cell block and fight there way to the security control room than fight there way to the front gate.

then if it is a multi stage map have them fight there way to a guard tower outside.
 
I have no idea what this Jailbreak is. I tried reading the rules thread and it didn't make sense.

But I do know PropHunt is a blast and it (supposedly?) carried into TF2 when it came from CSS, so it could be good.
 
attack/defend would be cool

have the attackers start off in the cell block and fight there way to the security control room than fight there way to the front gate.

then if it is a multi stage map have them fight there way to a guard tower outside.

That is how I planned it to work.
 
So wait, is this a map that takes place in a jail, or a CSS jail-theme map remade in TF2?

The former would be ok, while the latter would be horrid.

If option 1, then use an attack/defend CP style with the attackers breaking out of prison while the defenders try to keep them in.

If option 2, then please stick your hands in a blender :)
 
Maybe we should make a disco map too... It'll be set in a night club, hardwood dance floor, spinning lights of various colors, fog machine... And we can all stand in the middle doing taunts so we appear to be dancing to "Staying Alive" playing in the background... just in case we need something else that's pointless and out of place. Wasn't it bad enough that surf maps made their way into TF2? I think that was probably juvenile enough...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top