Admins should read

Ressortum

I made one post
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
12
I was playing recently and I noticed that many admins are afraid to kick people. At least this is what it seems like. I was playing with someone i forget who and he was constantly saying random swear words and what not and all he got was "please watch your language" from multiple admins, I finally spoke up and said I was tired of listening to it and they should kick him. After saying this another 7-10 times not sure they finally kicked him and he got teh message and stopped. All I'm saying is admins can't be afraid to use there power instead of just quietly being ignored while saying "please stop".

I mean no disrespect just something i noticed
 
Last edited:
If its true what you say it's a serious problem. Becaus admins should warn and kick people.
I think we choose to fast new admins becaus we need thim, but we should just slow it down and take carefully new admins who can speak english and are above 16 years.

I hope we can solve this problem but I have no clue how, maby make a rule that all eG's most! go to the admin school.

Thanks for reporting this Ressortum.
 
I was playing recently and I noticed that many admins are afraid to kick people. At least this is what it seems like. I was playing with someone i forget who and he was constantly saying random swear words and what not and all he got was "please watch your language" from multiple admins, I finally spoke up and said I was tired of listening to it and they should kick him. After saying this another 7-10 times not sure they finally kicked him and he got teh message and stopped. All I'm saying is admins can't be afraid to use there power instead of just quietly being ignored while saying "please stop".

I mean no disrespect just something i noticed

I completely agree with you.
 
Yea, But the problem is simple to fix, it's a balance of power abuse some would say. You can't be afraid to use the power you are given. Warn them once then kick.

Thanks for agreeing

**Edit** Also I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble I'm just showing what I have seen.
 
Last edited:
Yea, I'm willing to become a admin. I'm on a lot and I actually enjoy havin that responsibility and have admin experience. But the problem is simple to fix, it's a balance of power abuse some would say. You can't be afraid to use the power you are given. Warn them once then kick.

then you should become apart of edge gamers and enforce the rules with us.

as for your concept of administering i completely agree with you warn and kick simple as that
 
I was playing recently and I noticed that many admins are afraid to kick people. At least this is what it seems like. I was playing with someone i forget who and he was constantly saying random swear words and what not and all he got was "please watch your language" from multiple admins, I finally spoke up and said I was tired of listening to it and they should kick him. After saying this another 7-10 times not sure they finally kicked him and he got teh message and stopped. All I'm saying is admins can't be afraid to use there power instead of just quietly being ignored while saying "please stop".

I mean no disrespect just something i noticed

Might have just been an isolated incident? A good many of the admins I play with follow the w/k/b guidance pretty well.

Regardless, if it happens again, the following options are always open to you, in the order in which you can try them:

1) message the admins in admin chat, drawing their attention to the offense (in case they appear to be missing it)

2) PM another admin in Steam to come in and help

3) come in to Vent and ask for another admin to help

4) and if you start noticing a trend of certain admins not taking appropriate action when they should be, just bring it to the attention of our Advisors/DLs via PM or the drop box here in the forums (but make sure you have proof to substantiate your claims)

5) get promoted and take action yourself!
 
Yea, I'm willing to become a admin. I'm on a lot and I actually enjoy havin that responsibility and have admin experience. But the problem is simple to fix, it's a balance of power abuse some would say. You can't be afraid to use the power you are given. Warn them once then kick.

exactly what i try to do.

but if you want admin... word of advice dont ask for it. just play and be active here on the forums and on ventrillo. get noticed by the higher ups and when they feel that you are ready, they will promote you.
 
then you should become apart of edge gamers and enforce the rules with us.

as for your concept of administering i completely agree with you warn and kick simple as that

I thought he was a pub too but looks like he's a new member of what I now like to call, "Blindy's Bunch".
 
I thought he was a pub too but looks like he's a new member of what I now like to call, "Blindy's Bunch".

oh i was wondering why people were acting like hes already a member it flew right over my head. thanks for that skippy
 
something that has seemingly worked well for me thus far is...

1. warn person when they use inappropriate language

2. if someone else cusses...i warn the entire server about their language...

3. if it happens again (which it usually doesnt) i give "final warning"

4. begin kicking as needed...

however...if someone is being problematic...i use the warn-kick method...still havent had to ban anyone for language...but im waitin for that lucky someone to cross the line...i have no problem using my admin appropriately...if someone comes back after a kick and gets angry...i just tell them they need to calm down and take it up with eGO in stead of me...i have faith that our leadership will back us up 100% when we are acting according to our guidelines...
 
Hm.. Doesn't seem too good.

Maybe it's possible to send a reminder to G's about upcoming admin classes?

Just a suggestion though..
 
admin classes will be posted in DoD:S eG Private, so just keep and look out for them!!
 
admin classes will be posted in DoD:S eG Private, so just keep and look out for them!!

No good sir. Admin classes are posted under Admin School (Only admins can follow that link) and on occasion we put reminders in eG private. But to Ressortum, we try to warn before taking admin action. There may have been multiple offenders and multiple admins issuing multiple warnings, it happens. We try to do our best, and I can assure you, I am not afraid to use my powers when necessary.
 
Ressortum, if you're in one of our servers and an admin missed something, you can always press team chat followed by the @ sign to alert the admins of any rule breakers. :). You have me on your friends list so if you run into issues, don't hesitate on messaging me.
 
Silence, (no text no voice)
Mute, (no voice)
Gag, (no text)

Could easily have been used without kicking if the first warning did not take.
One must remember to undo the Silence, Mute, Gag after a reasonable period of time.
The commands are available, we should use them.
 
No good sir. Admin classes are posted under Admin School (Only admins can follow that link) and on occasion we put reminders in eG private. But to Ressortum, we try to warn before taking admin action. There may have been multiple offenders and multiple admins issuing multiple warnings, it happens. We try to do our best, and I can assure you, I am not afraid to use my powers when necessary.

ups my bad! but i thick it should be posted in the Dod?s eG, as I can see Matt did the last two times!
 
Last edited:
I agree that admins need to take action if a player is constantly swearing and being warned for it...We have a w/k/b procedure for foul language and if a player has been warned already, please feel free to kick.

Also...
I thought he was a pub too but looks like he's a new member of what I now like to call, "Blindy's Bunch".

Lmao Skippy
 
Might have just been an isolated incident? A good many of the admins I play with follow the w/k/b guidance pretty well.

Regardless, if it happens again, the following options are always open to you, in the order in which you can try them:

1) message the admins in admin chat, drawing their attention to the offense (in case they appear to be missing it)

2) PM another admin in Steam to come in and help

3) come in to Vent and ask for another admin to help

4) and if you start noticing a trend of certain admins not taking appropriate action when they should be, just bring it to the attention of our Advisors/DLs via PM or the drop box here in the forums (but make sure you have proof to substantiate your claims)

5) get promoted and take action yourself!


It is not an isolated incident. I have actually seen it multiple times with many different eG's and eGo's. I wrote this last night at 4 am so I didn't really read much of what i wrote so sorry if i asked for admin. =-P, just start watching for it if you can please.
 
Ressortum, if you're in one of our servers and an admin missed something, you can always press team chat followed by the @ sign to alert the admins of any rule breakers. :). You have me on your friends list so if you run into issues, don't hesitate on messaging me.

I have done this, they usually just warn them again. Yes, warn them AGAIN. I have seen one person kicked on the ava server in 3 weeks that i've played seeing multiple people swear up a storm.
 
Yeah. I'm a warning and kicking machine (When the occasion demands so) So I resent this thread. But. If there are any admins that are afraid to speak up and challenge people when they break the rules, then yes, that's a problem that needs to be addressed.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top