- Joined
- Apr 14, 2009
- Messages
- 3,745
Usually throwing pieces of other maps and a bunch of maps together doesn't always turn out quite well. Maps are supposed to be unique in that they're made by scratch.
I do occasionally work on DoD:S maps when I need to take a break from CSS mapping. Ive worked on porting Switch (right now its in an alpha stage and is playable but not pretty), as well as porting Zalec, Escape, and a few others. Lastly I am working on my own map from scratch and its about 90%. The main point is all these maps are different and dont combine buildings or areas from other maps because for the most part mentioned above they dont work well together in a map.
Thanks for the offer to help out (when time allows). I understand what youre saying about the dynamics and characteristics of each map but i think what we all have in mind are some key traits from each map. Maybe the elevation differences and urban sprawl of Avalanche, the sewers and water ways or Kalt and Anzio, and the openess and balance of Donner. Heck at this point i think anything that looks relatively close to a combination of maps will put us at ease!













