eGO's Finest (Axis Rifleman)

eGO's Finest: Axis Rifleman

  • Ides of March (Ides + YSD)

    Points: 3 11.5%
  • eve goes

    Points: 3 11.5%
  • (IO) SA

    Points: 9 34.6%
  • Crusader

    Points: 1 3.8%
  • Stevez

    Points: 0 0.0%
  • (Other)

    Points: 10 38.5%

  • Total voters
    26
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
DoDSWClass_Rifleman.gif

* Primary firearm: Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz
* Secondary firearm: Walther P38
* Equipment: Two rifle grenades
* Melee weapon: Entrenchment spade

eGO's Finest:​

As you should all know by now, this is my class. I live and die by the K98 and I pay attention to all of my fellow classmates (get it?!) That's why I pretty much knew who was going to be on this list well before I even began research on it. The research, as it turns out, only solidified by initial instincts, so I didn't have to change my preconceived notions hardly at all. With that being said, here it is, my Top 7:

1-3) =(eG)=? Ides of March & =(eG)=? YoSpankDawg - It's synergy, baby. This was very unique and I am going to catch a lot of flak for it, but here's the thing--usually when you see Ides, YoSpank is around too. Usually when you see YoSpank, Ides is around too. We always work together as one and, regardless of our opponents, are the storm of the century. Nobody who plays on Kalt (unless they are intentionally just trying to troll or be devil's advocate) can argue that--unless we're just goofing off--we don't have our way with things, generally individually, and without a doubt while playing together. Together we have won over 90% of our games (in fact we've only ever lost an average of two rounds a month for the last 10 months) and have about a 1.67 K:D ratio. Lately--ever since I got my new computer and off that dinosaur of a laptop--our combined K:D is over 2.00. This is despite doing more suicidal actions (i.e. running out into dual MG fire with sniper cover and nades laying on the ground just to take out the MGs) than anybody you will ever see. Regardless of the overwhelming odds, retreat is NEVER an option, so you will see us charge from bridge to enemy first, mowing down everything in our path, which has lead to our nearly 4 kills per minute (combined), 2 blocks per hour, and a completely unrivaled 22 captures per hour (11 cph each is tops anywhere). We have 2229-586 Domination/Revenges and our abilities are quite simply an extension of our quick reactions and high hit percentages. Combined...we have hit with 44.4% of our shots (11.1% headshots) and 54.4% of them zoomed (17.6% headshots) with the K98. Always ready to quick-switch to pistol, we've landed 26.2% of pistol shots (10.6% headshots). Finally, the difference between a good rifleman and a great one is the use of nades. We've combined to hit with 64.6% of rifle nades shot (3370 kills) and 81.6% of rifle nades thrown (4755 kills). While on the topic of nades, we make some shots that are still unable to be duplicated (the courtyard nade from the bridge, the Allied sniper house deflection nade, etc.) by anybody else and have pioneered many nade tactics that are now commonplace (various nade spams, multiple calculated drops, "Death from below", etc.) and still effective in the server. If you really doubt any of these claims, all I have to say is this: Bring it.

4) =(e)=? eve goes (-.-)b - perhaps not the best pure shooter, but being my second-favorite rifleman to have on my team, eve earns the next spot. Another threat at all times, the ever-pushing eve has 1.52 K:D, 1.58 kpm, 241-64 w/l, 9.3 cph, 0.5 bph, and 609-156 D/R. Furthermore, 42.6% of shots hit (10.8% headshots), 55.1% of shots zoomed hit (7.2% headshots), 79.1% of fired nades hit (778 kills) and 83.3% of thrown nades hit (85 kills).

5) =(eGO)=? (IO) SA - Regardless of whatever "playing with hardly anybody in-game" accusations there might be about (IO) SA, he is a great rifleman. To prove this I will display his credentials even without those possibly inflated numbers. 1.85 K:D. 1.68 kpm (pretty impressive if he spends a lot of time with nobody around, no? lol), 755-90 D/R, 49.9% of shots hit (11.4% headshots), 58.8% of zoomed shots hit (17.9% headshots), 36.2% of fired nades hit (642 kills) and 60.1% of thrown nades hit (299 kills).

6) =(eGO)=??Crusader?яќ♠ - As I have said time and time again, Crusader is a great shot. Where would that become evident? With the slowest rate-of-fire gun, of course. Check this out: 2.4 K:D, 2.4 kpm, 534-137 win/loss. He has just 2.4 cph, but he also has 1.0 bph and 1369-91 D/R. He's landed 43.6% of shots (11.6% headshots), 51% of shots zoomed (15.3% headshots), 25.4% nades fired (518 kills) and 83.8% nades thrown (1408 kills).

7) =(e)=? Stevez - Another high-ranking (hlxstats) player, much of it has come from behind the K98. He has a 2.37 K:D, 1.23 kpm, 497-105 win/loss, and a rather impressive 3.4 bombs defused per hour. En route to his 441-22 D/R, he has landed 47% of shots (10.6% headshots), 50.6% of zoomed shots (14.8% headshots) and 31.1% of nades fired (268 kills).

Just missed the cut:
=(eGO)=? D_Day
=(e)=? Headpiercer
=(e)=? Erich
=(e)=?papadondo



Disagree? Can you honestly argue that we're not the best? It's hard to separate us, but even if you ignore that we're pretty much always together and want to argue "not fair", even just vote for the Ides of March part of the duo. If you vote "Other", tell us who and why.

DEBATE!
 
i voted for blue reason...he hacks. I thought about spray but spray misses to many shots blue doesnt=[
 
I voted for IO...Never really played against any of other players other than IO and he can destroy a team pretty well with the K98 on realism nights
 
i voted for blue reason...he hacks. I thought about spray but spray misses to many shots blue doesnt=[

Blue can bring it. We'll make chump change of him.

I voted for IO...Never really played against any of other players other than IO and he can destroy a team pretty well with the K98 on realism nights

IO knows his place. Lol.



Also, Bad Brain pointed out that I missed Soma. It's true--the guy is great (easily knocks off Stevez for a spot on here) but the guy hasn't played in foreva. Two months now. ronpaul and Duality made other lists cause I still see em around here and there and they are just plain legends.
 
the only 2 axis riflemen im scared of are D_Day and soma, bear in mind their stats will be scewed somewhat because of competitve play, but im usually dead before i can react with these guys. you should give mention to foxley too, although ive only ever seen him on flash. you probably should of mentioned bill too. i have to say though i do like you and ides style of play
 
the only 2 axis riflemen im scared of are D_Day and soma, bear in mind their stats will be scewed somewhat because of competitve play, but im usually dead before i can react with these guys. you should give mention to foxley too, although ive only ever seen him on flash. you probably should of mentioned bill too. i have to say though i do like you and ides style of play

See, this is why we should get more votes--I am clairvoyant. lol

Also, D_Day is nothin'. Foxley, meh. Bill--no problem.

So far, with everybody mentioned, I say "bring it"...and I am the worse of the two of us. This should be landslide if you've played us, I'm jus' sayin'.
 
(IO) SA is getting my vote. hes very nice with the K98 and i enjoy to see him play :P
 
voting for myself and soma

so other

-Blue

on a side note, papa should not be even close to making the cut. Watch him play on avalanche. He doesnt leave the first flag....ever
 
Last edited:
I've been playing with (IO) SA for a year on Avalanche, and he's the one rifleman I hate seeing. I can predict his attack strategy decently well (or at least used to be able to), but that doesn't help much at all when you're up against that K98. This one's an easy pick for me.
 
the only 2 axis riflemen im scared of are D_Day and soma

This makes Coco a sad panda... I guess I will stop messing around in Flash now :P

1. Tough call... I could give it to Pain^^ or Kingdom with this one
2. Again Pain^^ or Kingdom
3.Meh can't think of anyone else sooo ME


Anytime SpankDawg anytime...
 
Lt. Wolf from Donner was a monster, accused of hacking countless times. I'm not sure what happened to him though, he was a god with the k98. Hmm...Another person would be Bill Clinton. Although this is from realism, I watched Bill take down 8 ppl with the k98 in a 8 on 1 fight. How high up on the totem pole of stats is Bill Clinton? He still plays once and a while and he has countless vids on his rifle skillz.
 
This makes Coco a sad panda... I guess I will stop messing around in Flash now :P

1. Tough call... I could give it to Pain^^ or Kingdom with this one
2. Again Pain^^ or Kingdom
3.Meh can't think of anyone else sooo ME


Anytime SpankDawg anytime...

lol, if you were to rejoin eGO i would of mentioned your name for sure, even for your nades alone ;)
 
Lt. Wolf from Donner was a monster, accused of hacking countless times. I'm not sure what happened to him though, he was a god with the k98. Hmm...Another person would be Bill Clinton. Although this is from realism, I watched Bill take down 8 ppl with the k98 in a 8 on 1 fight. How high up on the totem pole of stats is Bill Clinton? He still plays once and a while and he has countless vids on his rifle skillz.

bill has/had been playing a ton of modern warfare 2.

he doesnt play on our servers too often anymore

fingers crossed tho :P

-Blue
 
5) =(eGO)=™ (IO) SA - Regardless of whatever "playing with hardly anybody in-game" accusations there might be about (IO) SA, he is a great rifleman. To prove this I will display his credentials even without those possibly inflated numbers. 1.85 K:D. 1.68 kpm (pretty impressive if he spends a lot of time with nobody around, no? lol), 755-90 D/R, 49.9% of shots hit (11.4% headshots), 58.8% of zoomed shots hit (17.9% headshots), 36.2% of fired nades hit (642 kills) and 60.1% of thrown nades hit (299 kills).

While I was not opposed to these "accusations" when I was getting some mention for the assault/support classes I will respectfully disagree with any removal of those objective/round win stats in regard to my class. Yes, that's correct YSD, MY class :p .

Let me explain a bit. There was a time (before eGO) when all I played was Axis rifleman. Literally, I never switched classes, played map rotating servers and would stay K98 at all times. Those days are not too far removed from memory and I would absolutely say that K98 is my best and favorite class to this day. But, these days when helping to start up servers I definitely switch it up, play some assault, mostly support, but rarely Axis rifle depending on who else is in server and what weapons they are using.

The main point of this round-about explanation is that my objective stats for the Axis rifleman class are far from inflated. They are something that I am very proud of and the direct result of my style of play. That style of play being a very aggressive push forward to cap flags and win the game style. I mostly play Ava these days and I own that Allied 2nd flag and manage to charge down 1st street quite a few times as well. To take away my round wins:losses and objectives/hour is an insult to how I play the game.

Sure, I'm a good shot but there are probably a few better ones. Blue, Bill Clinton, and Soma certainly pop into my head in that possible category (even with my precious K98). And YSD and Ides are definitely a dynamic duo on Kalt. For me, it's not about being the best shot. I love jeod's comment because that is exactly what I strive for. My strategy might even verge on predictable because I'm not going to be sitting back getting that 4.0 kdr or watching the snipers nest trying to make sure one doesn't pop out of there. I'm pushing up, capping flags, and shooting the people in my way.

There have been plenty of times where I earned the "Most Area's Captured" award for the day while playing on full Ava/Kalt servers. Don't let the silly HLStats ranking tell you otherwise, I play to win rounds. Objective numbers a little inflated for my assault/support classes? Sure, who cares, those classes are just a fill in. Sheer number of objectives/wins overrated in my Axis rifleman class? No way:
Rounds won: 1,008 : Rounds lost: 155 (86.6% winning % cough w/o a buddy cough).
Captures: 4,402 / Hours played Axis Rifle Class: 119.6 (36.8 caps/hour cough kinda rivals that 22 caps/hr mentioned earlier cough).
Captures blocked: 375 / Hours played Axis Rifle Class: 119.6 (3.14 caps blocked/hour).

Was this a long post? Was this way too in depth for the fun eGO's finest discussions that YSD has been making over the past week? lol, yep and probably. And I don't take anything away from YSD, he has enough to worry about in these posts w/o people whining about stat whoring etc (and he can most certainly take a good natured ribbing), but I don't like when stats are undeservedly omitted from my favorite class. Bottom line: K98 class ftw. ;)
 
Last edited:
Foxley will be back in the winter, when summer comes along hes out playing sports and being active. He says thanks for the mention Bad Brain!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top