- Joined
- Aug 2, 2009
- Messages
- 2,019
voting for myself and soma
so other
-Blue
on a side note, papa should not be even close to making the cut. Watch him play on avalanche. He doesnt leave the first flag....ever
I know it drives me insane...grr...
ChocolateVillain. Nuff said.
Don't encourage him...
While I was not opposed to these "accusations" when I was getting some mention for the assault/support classes I will respectfully disagree with any removal of those objective/round win stats in regard to my class. Yes, that's correct YSD, MY class.
Let me explain a bit. There was a time (before eGO) when all I played was Axis rifleman. Literally, I never switched classes, played map rotating servers and would stay K98 at all times. Those days are not too far removed from memory and I would absolutely say that K98 is my best and favorite class to this day. But, these days when helping to start up servers I definitely switch it up, play some assault, mostly support, but rarely Axis rifle depending on who else is in server and what weapons they are using.
The main point of this round-about explanation is that my objective stats for the Axis rifleman class are far from inflated. They are something that I am very proud of and the direct result of my style of play. That style of play being a very aggressive push forward to cap flags and win the game style. I mostly play Ava these days and I own that Allied 2nd flag and manage to charge down 1st street quite a few times as well. To take away my round wins:losses and objectives/hour is an insult to how I play the game.
Sure, I'm a good shot but there are probably a few better ones. Blue, Bill Clinton, and Soma certainly pop into my head in that possible category (even with my precious K98). And YSD and Ides are definitely a dynamic duo on Kalt. For me, it's not about being the best shot. I love jeod's comment because that is exactly what I strive for. My strategy might even verge on predictable because I'm not going to be sitting back getting that 4.0 kdr or watching the snipers nest trying to make sure one doesn't pop out of there. I'm pushing up, capping flags, and shooting the people in my way.
There have been plenty of times where I earned the "Most Area's Captured" award for the day while playing on full Ava/Kalt servers. Don't let the silly HLStats ranking tell you otherwise, I play to win rounds. Objective numbers a little inflated for my assault/support classes? Sure, who cares, those classes are just a fill in. Sheer number of objectives/wins overrated in my Axis rifleman class? No way:
Rounds won: 1,008 : Rounds lost: 155 (86.6% winning % cough w/o a buddy cough).
Captures: 4,402 / Hours played Axis Rifle Class: 119.6 (36.8 caps/hour cough kinda rivals that 22 caps/hr mentioned earlier cough).
Captures blocked: 375 / Hours played Axis Rifle Class: 119.6 (3.14 caps blocked/hour).
Was this a long post? Was this way too in depth for the fun eGO's finest discussions that YSD has been making over the past week? lol, yep and probably. And I don't take anything away from YSD, he has enough to worry about in these posts w/o people whining about stat whoring etc (and he can most certainly take a good natured ribbing), but I don't like when stats are undeservedly omitted from my favorite class. Bottom line: K98 class ftw.![]()
All I'm saying is if you guys think you're better than Ides, prove it...cause I know you're wrong. And he doesn't need me to rock, just that when we're on together we're unstoppable. He/we'd have the same comments about us if maybe some of the Kalt guys would get on and speak up.
And don't be cheap like that and say that either of us "need a buddy" cause you've never won a game without help. Our help just happens to come from the same place a lot of the time. Don't be hatin' on our teamwork.Again, if you guys are so good, let's see it. Nobody's stopped us yet.









ratio. Lately--ever since I got my new computer and off that dinosaur of a laptop--our combined K










I could have jumped on an hour ago when the guy who I was dominating last night went 6-3 on you including a rather embarrassing knifing. :scared: