Lookie what I got in the mail today!

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
I was scared that I got a DOA harddrive, since when I plugged it into my computer and booted into Windows, it didn't show up in My Computer like all harddrives do. But then, I installed Windows on it with only the the new drive in, and my god is she fast. :D

Generic Newegg box. Could contain anything. ;)
DSCN1136.jpg


These are new to me. Normally, they just have the anti-static plastic thing over it. o.o
DSCN1138.jpg


Even newer to me. I like it, though. It is surprisingly easy to open up the plastic.
DSCN1140.jpg


Out of the plastic thing. It has a little baggy with screws, and instructions for installing a new drive.
DSCN1142.jpg


And up close of the drive's sticker. It's a Samnsung Spinpoint F3 1TB harddrive.
DSCN1143.jpg


And she's all plugged in.
DSCN1145.jpg



I installed Windows on it, and it then immediately got Google Chrome, then HD Tune to bench it. :D This thing is fast. 114mb/s read speed. That's like almost 40mb/s over my old drive. O_O!!


What are your guys' harddrive(s), or SSD's, as well as read speeds?
 
Nice, glad your HDD works fine :P

I have 2 WD caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM,

Average transfer rate 105.2
access time 12.7ms
burst rate 133.8MB/s
 
Last edited:
thats a damn fine box phobus :drool:

ive got a caviar drive of some sort, a raptor, and a velociraptor. Exact specs in my sig of course.
 
Last edited:
The packaging is a beautiful piece of work.

:D


Nice purchase
 
How do you know its a girl? and its too neat, needs more random wires about
 
F4 is faster!

Welcome to computers, You are already obsolete. Congratulations.

I have an el-cheapo hitachi.
 
Back
Top