- Joined
- Jul 2, 2009
- Messages
- 4,155
I was scared that I got a DOA harddrive, since when I plugged it into my computer and booted into Windows, it didn't show up in My Computer like all harddrives do. But then, I installed Windows on it with only the the new drive in, and my god is she fast. 
Generic Newegg box. Could contain anything.
These are new to me. Normally, they just have the anti-static plastic thing over it. o.o
Even newer to me. I like it, though. It is surprisingly easy to open up the plastic.
Out of the plastic thing. It has a little baggy with screws, and instructions for installing a new drive.
And up close of the drive's sticker. It's a Samnsung Spinpoint F3 1TB harddrive.
And she's all plugged in.
I installed Windows on it, and it then immediately got Google Chrome, then HD Tune to bench it.
This thing is fast. 114mb/s read speed. That's like almost 40mb/s over my old drive. O_O!!
What are your guys' harddrive(s), or SSD's, as well as read speeds?

Generic Newegg box. Could contain anything.

These are new to me. Normally, they just have the anti-static plastic thing over it. o.o
Even newer to me. I like it, though. It is surprisingly easy to open up the plastic.
Out of the plastic thing. It has a little baggy with screws, and instructions for installing a new drive.
And up close of the drive's sticker. It's a Samnsung Spinpoint F3 1TB harddrive.
And she's all plugged in.
I installed Windows on it, and it then immediately got Google Chrome, then HD Tune to bench it.
This thing is fast. 114mb/s read speed. That's like almost 40mb/s over my old drive. O_O!!What are your guys' harddrive(s), or SSD's, as well as read speeds?




















