smoke nade damage ?

Nomad.

Active Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
251
I'm quite sure this may have been discussed at some point but , i can't find anything on it.

What are the thoughts on adding a damage mod to the smoke nades ?

images


Nomad.
 
You can already kill someone by throwing a smoke grenade at someone, that's pretty well documented. I'm going to assume you mean smoke poisoning.

In that case, the titanium tetrachloride mixed with the calcium chloride solution should (I believe) only cause redness of the skin, dry skin, a cough and a sore throat for short durations of inhalation and exposure. And that's probably worse case and unlikely. In this reaction, the calcium chloride merely facilitates the production of smoke by hydrolosis of the titanium tetrachloride. So, not very harmful. In that case, maybe 2-4 damage is appropriate for every 10 seconds in the smoke.

But on second glance, I noticed the grenade here (on the right) is the Blendkorper 2 H. This is, in fact, not the smoke grenade used in DoD:S. I believe the game uses, instead, the Nebelkerze 39 (noted for its cylindrical chassis) which involves an hydrocarbon-zinc mixture and whose toxicity level I honestly don't know. Chemists?

Fun Fact: The smoke would appear immediately after the pin was pulled on the NB39, kinda wish it would do that in the game so I could run around after the pin pulled like some idiot on fire.
 
lol ron

i would only add damage to smoke grenades if they were white phosphorus ones, which were actually used alot, but not in dods
 
If you throw a bottle of beer towards someones head it does damage too. Even bannana's can kill somebody.... imagine all the people of the world... throwing bannana's towards your head... you will die too. Same story with smoke nades:P (bad comparisation rigt?:P)
 
If you throw a bottle of beer towards someones head it does damage too. Even bannana's can kill somebody.... imagine all the people of the world... throwing bannana's towards your head... you will die too. Same story with smoke nades:P (bad comparisation rigt?:P)
Actually the Ratio of damage done by smoke nades in DoD:s and bannas in RL might be closer then you think o.o
 
Killing with smoke grenades are worse then stabbing or punching but very fun to do.
 
I think someone needs to make a banana v_model and w_model for the nade lulz
 
RonPaul .
^shows you don't have to be old to be wise(judas priest)...lol
I've never seen a smoke nade kill , must be a knock on the dome with prior damage , huh ?
Nomad.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top