lets put the team back in team fortress

chemikalz

I made one post
Joined
Sep 27, 2010
Messages
28
I think it would be great if our tf2 division members started to play as a real time.

You know planning tactics and communicating, coordinating uber charges and all sorts of tactics, working as a real time to complete the objective.

This is what this game is about, and I would love to see it played as such.

Anyone want to start some sort of group in games where we really work together that could be real fun.

Let me know your thoughts. I'll be on tonight after work.
 
If your playing in ventrilo, I see that happen a lot. People have been playing TF2 in the CS:S Channels lately and all I hear, is "I have an uber" or "crits" and although I dont pay much attention, they are working together.

Maybe its just the people in the CS:S Channels that work together but as far as I know it does happen in ventrilo.
 
If you all guys join ventrilo it would be cool, but you need to start play tf2 more. IRC is so dead also
 
I am always down for team play. Back in my eG days, I used to be a Scrim Leader for our division, but it went no where. I'd love to see it come back though and put the kicking back in ass-kicking.
If I am vent, feel free to come and talk to me. In fact, I encourage you to do so. :P
I'll join any of our TF2 servers to have some fun!
 
Cool guys, I am in vent when ever I am playing, sometimes muted though. I'd love to coordinate something maybe for tonight where we could get together and just have some good old fashion team work, the team with good communication dominates and it is so much more rewarding.
 
I coordinate with my friends in Vent if I'm doing something with them, with my team in Game, because often there are many pubs in the game and if I yell I have full uber get ready to push in Vent none of them will here and none of them will push and it becomes ineffective. That being said, my friends and I sometimes like to setup complex interlocking Sentry Fields of fire, and when doing that we only use Ventrilo, because the rest of the players on our team really don't need to hear us yelling and arguing over whether that sentry should be a foot further to the right or left to get the best field of fire :P
 
I also play in vent. And i mean PLAY in vent. I use vent communications over game so my friends, and team members in the vent understand me. ( my mic sucks). I also use it so I am not talking over pubs ingame.
 
No. I prefer in-game chat because that way the team hears it rather than a few select friends.

Also, if you really really want good team-oriented play, try 6v6 PUGs.
 
Ventrilo is ok if all your friends are with you. But if your just hitting up Mesa for fun, use ingame. Lead the team
 
ingame chat is the best for this. everyone on your team hears you and if your even lucky enough to have a good team they will listen to the things your saying and start working together.
happened to me a few times. it was a lot of fun and won a few rounds in a row. but i guess it wont happen very often since servers scramble.
 
Under your profile, should be an option that says "Display Division" and "Show =e= Rank"
 
I'd say it depends on the situation. If you're on a packed server with a lot of pubs talking about everything non-game related, it's best to use Vent. if the team you're on is more focused, then in-game chat works best.
 
Usually if I really look to play super serious game I hop in vent and start calling for pocket heavies and roaming scouts. When I say this people usually look at their computer with this expression:

huh128636429526143695.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top