Article ITT I attempt to review every movie I've seen.

I know, it's been a week since my last review. But I've been hit with a ton of papers and other college related folderol. I'll try and get a review in every once in a while.
 
​


Title: Law Abiding Citizen
Year: 2009
Country of Origin: US
Director: F. Gary Gray

Story: A man attempts to bring down an unjust system after one of the murderers of his family got off on a light sentence.

Review: I like Gerard Butler, he is like Russell Crowe except willing to cheesy action films. This is the kind of film that takes zero time to set up the characters and delves straight into the action. The basic formula of the film is there is an action set piece followed by some dialog to set up the next action set piece. It's an alright formula and for the most part works for this film, but near the end both the the story and the action falls flat on it's face.

[5/10]


Gonna have to disagree with you here sir. Law Abiding Citizen was an amazing movie.

Now on to The Social Network, that, imo, was a cinematic masterpiece.
 
Sorry...when I say every movie. I mean everyone of them.


Pok%C3%A9mon-TheFirstMoviePoster.jpg


Title: Pok?mon: The First Movie
Year: 1999
Country of Origin: Japan
Director: Kunihiko Yuyama


Story: I want to be the very best, that no one ever was.

Review: I hated this one at the tender age of 11. That's right, my 11 year old self, who loved Pok?mon, could tell that this movie sucked. The story follows a rouge, misanthropic and sociopathic Pok?mon Mewtwo who concocts some crazy plan to take over the world. The plan fails and the audience is taught a lesson about loving one another or something...it's pretty sappy. It's really a terrible film and pretty much killed my young self's love for Pok?mon.

[3/10]

:3 lies i liked this movie even at the age of 17 i even cried at that movie :D
 
Have you reviewed Inside man?


Also, have you seen Heat and Righteous Kill? I think the director of Righteous Kill wanted to do a foil of heat for the end ;)
 
Wait did you not review The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly?

You reviewed the first two movies in the Dollars trilogy!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0wPBYDQ6Y[/ame]
 
Grandma's Boy, just thought of it seeing Nick Swardson on tv

Didn't see it. After Harold & Kumar I basically felt that there was no need to watch another Stoner comedy again.


My Soul To Take by Wes Craven

Movie looked terrible, didn't see it.


The Great Race, evil villains should look to this film and observe Professor Fate :D

My God...I love that movie. I'll get on a review for it soon.


The House that Drips Blood on Alex

Haven't seen it...



I saw the first 10 min of the film and turned it off.


The lovely Bones

Really good movie in my opinion directer did a fantastic job

I skipped that one, it just looked dull and depressing. It's on HBO now so I might give it a shot.


Have you reviewed Inside man?


Also, have you seen Heat and Righteous Kill? I think the director of Righteous Kill wanted to do a foil of heat for the end ;)

Wow...I haven't reviewed Inside Man or Heat yet. I skipped Righteous Kill, the film looked terrible.
 
Last edited:
Gonna have to disagree with you here sir. Law Abiding Citizen was an amazing movie.

I know that Law Abiding Citizen is a popular movie...and I really can't understand why it's so popular. Sure it's a violent revenge flick, but there isn't anything that makes the film stand out.
 
Good_the_bad_and_the_ugly_poster.jpg


Title: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Year: 1966
Country of Origin: Italy/Spain
Director: Sergio Leone

Story: Three men race each other to be the first one to find buried treasure. Oh, and this is all going on in the middle of the American Civil War.

Review: It's debatable on whether this movie or Once Upon a Time in The West is the greatest spaghetti western. I have to go with this one, it's far more entertaining and far more ambitious. The whole production is simply awe inspiring and the story is both simplistic and pitch perfect. There is no fault in this film and no reason why you shouldn't see it.

[10/10]
 
The Experiment, recently came out. Interesting movie about the human psyche and natural authority and violence. But too short and all happens too quickly
 
I would just like you to know that this is one BEAST of a thread. I compliment you on your effort as I have been reading through some of these reviews.
 
The Experiment, recently came out. Interesting movie about the human psyche and natural authority and violence. But too short and all happens too quickly

It was more of a drama, nothing special. I did like it, even though I thought it was gonna be a killer movie, lol.
 
Man...papers man...the hooorrrrrrooooorrrr.


Vforvendettamov.jpg


Title: V for Vendetta
Year: 2006
Country of Origin: UK/US
Director: James McTeigue

Story: Remember Remember the Fifth of November...

Story: Surprisingly competent adaptation of a well revered Alan Moore comic book series. The story follows Natalie Portman as she is saved, kidnapped, and is befriended by a masked terrorist who evokes the image of Guy Fawkes. It's an entertaining film, that has a lot to say...mostly about the Bush administration. Well...that's at least what Moore thinks, the film delves into terrorism and some-what anarchistic overtones. Overall it's a well directed, well acted, and pretty effective.

[8/10]
 
Last edited:
Back
Top