- Joined
- Sep 15, 2009
- Messages
- 1,316
As the title suggest, my old cpu fried, a simplistic +4400. I loved it so much and it did well for me. Whatever, I don't want to live in the past too long. Anyway, I've been looking at cpu's and my ridiculously low budget (50 bucks, i know its sad), and I realized I'm going to have to cut a corner somewhere. Well, I've been looking at this Phenom x3 8550 clocked at 2.2ghz, and I've been wondering if its any good or not. Before you say " Phenom 1's are bad" I know, i've heard it before, but currently I can't afford anything better at the moment and I don't know when I'll be able to. I just need something that will work and still provide a bit of that extra power that I'm looking for in cpu's with cores over 2. If the cpu is just as bad as they say Phenom 1's are, can any of you guys suggest something else in my very limited price range?

















:thumbup:
. I'm looking more towards the 240 and 210e over the 7850, which has a l3, but is overall slower than the others.