explorer.exe and winlogon.exe come up as viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you get your computer up and running, make sure you have a good anti-virus program. I recommend AVG Antivirus. It's free and works great. I install it on all the computer that I build and work on. It's available at http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-free-antivirus. I would also recommend a second program. It's called Spybot Search and Destroy. It is a very useful tool to help from getting infected by malware and spyware, which antivirus programs do not protect against. It is available at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html. Download and install it and make sure to run it at least once a week if not everyday. I install it on every computer that I build and work on also. With these two programs, you will make it harder for your computer to become infected with Virus's and Malware. It won't make it impossible, but harder.

Good Luck.
 
After you get your computer up and running, make sure you have a good anti-virus program. I recommend AVG Antivirus. It's free and works great. I install it on all the computer that I build and work on. It's available at http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-free-antivirus. I would also recommend a second program. It's called Spybot Search and Destroy. It is a very useful tool to help from getting infected by malware and spyware, which antivirus programs do not protect against. It is available at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html. Download and install it and make sure to run it at least once a week if not everyday. I install it on every computer that I build and work on also. With these two programs, you will make it harder for your computer to become infected with Virus's and Malware. It won't make it impossible, but harder.

Good Luck.


i just posted about how i fixed it :cursing:
 
are you using a visual style? if yes remove that visual theme & replace a new one explorer.exe
 
Hi! I know you said problem has been solved, but follow my instructions just incase.

Viruses mainly bind on process such as "explorer.exe"

Don't bother deleting them manually, they'll reproduce. You'll need to remove the HKCM registery with [ame="http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html"]malwarebytes[/ame].

How to remove?

Step 1: Download & Install Malwarebytes
Step 2: Run a full scan.
Step 3: Delete all the detected infections.

If you're still uncertain that you're infected.

Quit all programs that require internet, steam, ventrillo, firefox, ect.

Start > CMD "run as admin" > type "netstat -b" and look for foreign addresses, things with random IPs

- Bole.

P.S: Malwarebytes doesn't guarantee virus removal, I just posted the whole guide even tho it was posted before, for future reference, and for other people's problems.

Wow, this thread is quite old, I just noticed, should be closed by now.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top