Article ITT I attempt to review every movie I've seen.

Red. Just got back after seeing it with my mom, brother, cousin, and aunt. Not too bad of a movie.
 
hey sexy, just rented jonah hex on dvd. it was aight. u plan on seeing it & reviewing it or do you want me 2? ur choice since its ur thread.
 
You stopped watching the Harry potter films right before they started to get good. Films 5-7 pt. 1 tend to leave out aspects of the book which would not easily translate to film. Thus making them much more easy to watch for someone who has never read the books.
 
You stopped watching the Harry potter films right before they started to get good. Films 5-7 pt. 1 tend to leave out aspects of the book which would not easily translate to film. Thus making them much more easy to watch for someone who has never read the books.

Yeah, I figured as much.
 
Anyway, since we have a thread going on this and because it's Thanksgiving week...


Dr._No_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg



Title: Dr. No
Year: 1962
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Terence Young

Story:
Random Lady: "I admire your luck Mr...."
Connery: "Bond, James Bond."

Review: The first and still one of the best Bond films, Dr. No is what started it all. It's an entertaining film that has one real problem...and that's with it's pacing. Other than that, it pretty much a must see film for anyone who is even slightly interested in the Bond series.

[8.5/10]
 
Last edited:
From_Russia_with_Love_%E2%80%93_UK_cinema_poster.jpg


Title: From Russia with Love
Year: 1963
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Terence Young

Story: Bond goes to Istanbul to battle Russians and to deal with a threat from SPECTRE.

Review: Bigger and better than Dr. No, From Russia with Love is easily one of my favorite Bond films. It lacks the plotting issue of Dr. No and gives an all around bigger and more intriguing plot. The supporting cast of characters are great and so are the villains. In fact I would consider it the best Connery era Bond film, if it weren't for...

[9.5/10]
 
Last edited:
Goldfinger_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg


Title: Goldfinger
Year: 1964
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Guy Hamilton

Story: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

Review: This is widely considered the best of the Connery era Bond films, if not one of the best Bond films...and I pretty much agree. Goldfinger got so much right that it's difficult to see if they got anything wrong. The villain is cartoonishly over the top and then there is Oddjob. How much better do you get than Oddjob? This is the quintessential Bond film and if you haven't seen this one yet, then you really need to get on the ball.

[10/10]
 
Last edited:
Thunderball_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg


Title: Thunderball
Year: 1965
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Terence Young

Story:
James Bond: "That gun, it looks more fitting for a woman."'
Emilio Largo: "You know much about guns, Mr. Bond?
James Bond: "No, but I know a little about women."

Review: Not as good as Goldfinger or From Russia with Love, but still Thunderball is a wholly enjoyable film. In this one, Bond goes to Nassau to try and stop two stolen warheads from being used to trigger. There are some slow spots in the film that keep it from being a great film, but still it's well worth watching. The film was later remade as Never Say Never Again.

[8/10]
 
Last edited:
hey sexy did u see my ? from earlier?

Sure, PM me the review and I'll post it.


Ninja assassin?


I've been weary about seeing this one. If I catch it on HBO or Starz then I'll probably watch it.


Red. Just got back after seeing it with my mom, brother, cousin, and aunt. Not too bad of a movie.

Yeah, it looked like a fun movie. I'll probably wind up renting it or catching it on HOB or Starz.
 
im sure sexy would say connery & so would i. he just seemed to fit the character perfectly.
 
Title: Goldfinger
Year: 1964
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Guy Hamilton

Story: "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

Review: This is widely considered the best of the Connery era Bond films, if not one of the best Bond films...and I pretty much agree. Goldfinger got so much right that it's difficult to see if they got anything wrong. The villain is cartoonishly over the top and then there is Oddjob. How much better do you get than Oddjob? This is the quintessential Bond film and if you haven't seen this one yet, then you really need to get on the ball.

Anyway, more on movie discussion, I do have to say that out of the few Bond movies I've watched, I'm glad Goldfinger was one.

[10/10]

Ah yes, Oddjob.
What I really remember about Oddjob is not his role as a henchman with a lethal hat (COME ON! This is like TF2 but better), but as the amazing hat-sniper in the GCN Nightfire game.
It followed people. From across the map. And killed with one shot. It's like hax for gamecube. Luckily, it was kind of hard to pull that off.

Anyway, more to do with movies, I'm glad that out of the few Bond movie's I've watched, Goldfinger was one.
 
Last edited:
Gotta ask it, who do you think is the best bond? Please don't say Pierce Brosnan.

I'm going to have to give it to Connery. He and Craig were/are the guys who could pull off being the suave gentlemen and brutal, cold-hearted killer. Lazenby could almost pull this off, but Moore, Brosnan, and Dalton couldn't pull it off.


Ah yes, Oddjob.
What I really remember about Oddjob is not his role as a henchman with a lethal hat (COME ON! This is like TF2 but better), but as the amazing hat-sniper in the GCN Nightfire game.
It followed people. From across the map. And killed with one shot. It's like hax for gamecube. Luckily, it was kind of hard to pull that off.

Anyway, more to do with movies, I'm glad that out of the few Bond movie's I've watched, Goldfinger was one.

Yeah, Oddjob is pretty much the quintessential Bond villian...Nightfire? Oh, man I nearly forgot about that game. I seem to remember having fun with that game.

Also, Goldfinger is pretty much a must see for even people who like Bond films. On top of Oddjob, the Bond girl's name is Pussy Galore...I mean seriously Pussy Galore.
 
Last edited:
Casino_Royale_1_%E2%80%93_UK_cinema_poster.jpg


Title: Casino Royale
Year: 1967
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Ken Hughes, John Huston, Joseph McGrath, Robert Parrish, Val Guest, and Joseph Heller

Story: Bond is retiring and this is freaking out the British intelligence agencies. So the get the bright idea of taking multiple agents, call them 007 James Bond and send them out in the world.

Review: This is a haphazard satirical take on the Bond series. The film is bloated, dull, and a little confusing. There is some semblance to the 2006 film's story, but not much. It has a few funny moments, but overall...it's just not worth watching. It's a real shame considering how much talent was throw into it.

[5/10]
 
Last edited:
Moonraker? and have you been watching the bond marathon on syfy?
 
You_Only_Live_Twice_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg


Title: You Only Live Twice
Year: 1967
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Lewis Gilbert

Story: Bond, through an experimental surgery, become Japanese. I wish I were kidding.

Review: You read the above correctly, this actually happens in the movie and it's quite possibly the worst moment in any of the Connery era Bond films. It's really the first film in the series that cranks the scale of the plot and action beyond the level of ridicules and into the stratosphere of pure stupidity. Sure the film is still entertaining, but it's one that is filled to brim with flaws and poor decisions.

[6/10]
 
Last edited:
On_Her_Majesty%27s_Secret_Service_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg


Title: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Year: 1969
Country of Origin: UK
Director: Peter R. Hunt

Story: That one Bond movie...with that guy...you know the one who only played Bond once...what was his name?...Oh yeah, George Lazenby.

Review: It's to bad that this movie doesn't get more play on TV. It's really one of the more underappreciated Bond films and for the most part it's because of the tone the film takes...well that and Lazenby only played Bond once. This is easily the saddest of the Bond films and paints a more human face on the character that what is seen in most of the series. It's a worth watching if you manage to catch it.

[8/10]
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top