- Joined
- Apr 17, 2009
- Messages
- 1,699
This image will automatically update around once each month. Perhaps this could be a sticky? I see so many threads about parts and prices, and this would clear some of that clutter.
Nice. Did you make this, or are you just posting it here?
Ok, if the board is good, then whatever
It isn't just based on watts,
I'll break it down:
Cooler master- Total crap, just as bad a HEC, except for their "Silent Pro" series, which are actually very good
Thermaltake-Again, total crap UNLESS, it has the "toughpower" branding
OCZ-the only decent PSUs that they make are (1) StealthXstream 400w (not any other SXS), (2) Z-series, although these are not great, they are decent
Corsair- All of them are fine, but they are overpriced, and their line needs to be updated. AX and CX are their 2 worst lines, although they are still miles better than generic crap
Seasonic-SS line is fine, effiency is a little lacking, but still a solid PSU. S12II (or regular S12) are very good for their price range, recommended buy. The X-series is currently unmatched in quality and efficiency.
Enermax- Evolution and Revolution series are VERY VERY good. Everything else is fine, but mostly overpriced
Silverstone-Most are good, but some are lacking in effiency, if you need me to recommend one, I can do that
Antec- All of their PSUs except for the "Basiq" line are very good and reliable
Cougar- not much data on these, but from what it seems, they are good units
XFX- based on Seasonic S12II platform, aka, very good
Coolmax-They make one (1) good PSU, the CUQ-1350B, EVERYTING ELSE IS VERY VERY BAD
Anything not on this list-DO NOT BUY!, there may be some exceptions, but not many
do I need to repeat myself?
PLEASE PEOPLE! DO NOT BUY PSUs SOLELY OFF THIS LIST. THERE ARE MANY CRAP RECOMENDATIONS ON THERE!!!!!!
Never take advice from 4chan. I rest my case.