What should I get?

Probably won't run Arma II like you want, honestly your not going to get one that will run it too well under like ~100$. Just save up, get a GTX 460(around 150$) which will carry your system for a long time. It might actually be worth it to skip the processor upgrade, get the GTX 460, then buy the processor later, it will help you in games more than the processor at this point, but without both you won't run Arma II since it's so terribly optimized.

Your currently using a integrated video card, which is basically nothing.
 
theres a 450 for 130


I may get [ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0042VSTW4/ref=nosim/7240466-rg2304-00-20"]Amazon.com: Zotac 810MHz/3608MHz GeForce GTS 450 1 GB GDDR5 128-bit PCI Express Graphic Card ZT-40501-10L: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516nzJmev3L.@@AMEPARAM@@516nzJmev3L[/ame]

because I have PCI express not PCI express 2.0
 
Last edited:
Just an FYI, the 9800 cards from nVidia has been discontinued. That includes the 9800GX2. I know this because I had to RMA my 9800GX2 due to a dead heatsink fan, and I received a GTX 285 as a replacement.
 
Just an FYI, the 9800 cards from nVidia has been discontinued. That includes the 9800GX2. I know this because I had to RMA my 9800GX2 due to a dead heatsink fan, and I received a GTX 285 as a replacement.

that sucks.

you lost about 4000 PPD there
 
that sucks.

you lost about 4000 PPD there

Can't you complain about getting a replacement that lowers the overall quality/efficiency of the pc? I realize its an RMA, but I would be heated if I had to RMA my gpu and ended up getting one that didn't do the job as well in return.
 
Can't you complain about getting a replacement that lowers the overall quality/efficiency of the pc? I realize its an RMA, but I would be heated if I had to RMA my gpu and ended up getting one that didn't do the job as well in return.

yea, but it has to perform about the same in games.

In games the 285 is better than a GX2

In folding though, the 9800 is better.
 
yea, but it has to perform about the same in games.

In games the 285 is better than a GX2

In folding though, the 9800 is better.

Dual GPUs always have problems. That's why 285 beat 295 in many games because drivers were never good. Only in folding and benchmarks is where dual GPUs shine, useless IMO.
 
Dual GPUs always have problems. That's why 285 beat 295 in many games because drivers were never good. Only in folding and benchmarks is where dual GPUs shine, useless IMO.

or games that support SLI
 
or games that support SLI

Well SLi shines is crazy high resolution. Just dual GPU were problematic in the first place and were a trick to get people to buy them cause only gave consumers headaches trying to fix driver issues.
 
Back
Top