- Joined
- Nov 27, 2009
- Messages
- 1,295
edge tech so useful. 


Probably won't run Arma II like you want, honestly your not going to get one that will run it too well under like ~100$. Just save up, get a GTX 460(around 150$) which will carry your system for a long time. It might actually be worth it to skip the processor upgrade, get the GTX 460, then buy the processor later, it will help you in games more than the processor at this point, but without both you won't run Arma II since it's so terribly optimized.cant find any 9800 on nvidia site. ohh my i like this
http://www.buy.com/prod/xfx-gt240xy...i-express-video-card/q/loc/101/213657848.html
It's backwards compatible. A 2.0 card will work in a 1.0 slot, your fine. Get the GTX 460, you will be much happier.theres a 450 for 130
I may get http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0042VSTW4/ref=nosim/7240466-rg2304-00-20
because I have PCI express not PCI express 2.0
Ah, gotcha. Thought your budget was lower and you couldn't get both. The 1gb 460 is only like 40$ more, it might just be worth it to save up, the 460 will work much better.but I cant afford the processor if i buy the 460
Just an FYI, the 9800 cards from nVidia has been discontinued. That includes the 9800GX2. I know this because I had to RMA my 9800GX2 due to a dead heatsink fan, and I received a GTX 285 as a replacement.
that sucks.
you lost about 4000 PPD there
Can't you complain about getting a replacement that lowers the overall quality/efficiency of the pc? I realize its an RMA, but I would be heated if I had to RMA my gpu and ended up getting one that didn't do the job as well in return.
yea, but it has to perform about the same in games.
In games the 285 is better than a GX2
In folding though, the 9800 is better.
Dual GPUs always have problems. That's why 285 beat 295 in many games because drivers were never good. Only in folding and benchmarks is where dual GPUs shine, useless IMO.
or games that support SLI