New Years resolutions (eGO style)

SPC.Cowles

Active Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
255
I know I am a bit late with this thread, but this is something I have been working on since 01 January.

My resolution for the New Year here at eGO is to: use something other than the support class on a more often basis and play Anzio less, while playing other servers more. To prove this self-obligation, I will play with a second weapon class often enough that my stats under the player stats page will show another class, and basically the same for the "favorite map" stat.

Anyone else got anything?

(This is purely to promote a little mix up in your everyday DoD:S fix)
 
Support takes a lot more skill than assault, so don't go assault since that'd just be silly. Try going rifleman. Rocket is fun too, as I found out. That was my break on the STG44 and BAR :P

Fact is it's hard to compensate for supports immense rate of fire, and distance. The assault class is a tad better for close combat, but not so great in distance. . (Except the Thompson does have unbelievably unrealistic accuracy, but it still cannot beat the BAR's accuracy at distances, though)


Ehhhh. I'd say try rocket out. MG is good if you like camping, but I get uneasy and I hate sitting put, even if I'm getting kills. I just move around after 2 or 3 kills if I go MG.

As for maps, I'd pick argentan. that may sound cliche in regards to that map being brought up in controversy with Kalt, but, when it has people, even a little bit of people, I think It's a great map to play on. Probably my 3rd favorite map, behind strand and avalanche.


Holla.
 
Last edited:
Support takes a lot more skill than assault, so don't go assault since that'd just be silly. Try going rifleman. Rocket is fun too, as I found out. That was my break on the STG44 and BAR :P

Fact is it's hard to compensate for supports immense rate of fire, and distance. The assault class is a tad better for close combat, but not so great in distance. . (Except the Thompson does have unbelievably unrealistic accuracy, but it still cannot beat the BAR's accuracy at distances, though)


Ehhhh. I'd say try rocket out. MG is good if you like camping, but I get uneasy and I hate sitting put, even if I'm getting kills. I just move around after 2 or 3 kills if I go MG.

As for maps, I'd pick argentan. that may sound cliche in regards to that map being brought up in controversy with Kalt, but, when it has people, even a little bit of people, I think It's a great map to play on. Probably my 3rd favorite map.


Holla.

I concur. I have been messing around with rocket randomly, and definitely going with my sniper (as when I am playing great, I am pretty awesome with sniper).

I agree with Argentan also. I was going back to an old favorite, Avalanche, but got bored after 25 minutes.
 
I concur. I have been messing around with rocket randomly, and definitely going with my sniper (as when I am playing great, I am pretty awesome with sniper).

I agree with Argentan also. I was going back to an old favorite, Avalanche, but got bored after 25 minutes.


I'm no good at sniping, but, I've been practicing on Argentan with the Springfield.. to my surprise, my reaction time was almost half as good as my support/other decent classes.. Rifles in general I don't like doing, inability to get people at close range, and even if you are that good, in that time you pull the bolt back you could be dead already.. And if you jump around a lot, it's easy to avoid a garand wielder.

I'd rather combine distance with a good rate of fire.. and the ability to do close combat decently. (all applies Unless your up against efren, who is by far the best indoor, close quarters sniper I've ever been up against) :P

As for avalanche, I've played it for about 7 years now, kind of.. (If you count the 1.3 version).. That map just seems to never get old, ever. If your there I'd likely see you around early afternoon or late at night, eastern time. :)
 
Last edited:
Support takes a lot more skill than assault, so don't go assault since that'd just be silly. Try going rifleman. Rocket is fun too, as I found out. That was my break on the STG44 and BAR :P

Fact is it's hard to compensate for supports immense rate of fire, and distance. The assault class is a tad better for close combat, but not so great in distance. . (Except the Thompson does have unbelievably unrealistic accuracy, but it still cannot beat the BAR's accuracy at distances, though)


Ehhhh. I'd say try rocket out. MG is good if you like camping, but I get uneasy and I hate sitting put, even if I'm getting kills. I just move around after 2 or 3 kills if I go MG.

As for maps, I'd pick argentan. that may sound cliche in regards to that map being brought up in controversy with Kalt, but, when it has people, even a little bit of people, I think It's a great map to play on. Probably my 3rd favorite map, behind strand and avalanche.


Holla.

Both rocket classes' secondary weapons are dirty. I love to just run around with the carbine and I know there are people who feel the same about the C96.

I, personally, have been trying hard to
A) Not play just Axis
B) Not play just rifleman
C) Not play just Ava

I've been mixing up maps a bunch--trying to give Anzio a real chance--and changing which team/class I am and as a result people are starting to see that I really can snipe.
 
why not try Allies rifle to be different, and it is useful to learn to use the K98 although frustrating for me, I often miss and take too long to aim. I use other weapons sometimes and then when my team starts losing or I start getting pwned I switch back to Support class. Good Luck.
 
Both rocket classes' secondary weapons are dirty. I love to just run around with the carbine and I know there are people who feel the same about the C96.

I, personally, have been trying hard to
A) Not play just Axis
B) Not play just rifleman
C) Not play just Ava

I've been mixing up maps a bunch--trying to give Anzio a real chance--and changing which team/class I am and as a result people are starting to see that I really can snipe.

I'll head shot a dude with a rocket from over 9,000 FT away, then waste his teammates trying to flank me with the c96. then I'll dance around to the disco boys IRL
 
mine will be to stop fussing over points....i litterally pull my hair out over those things...in fact i stopped playing strand cause i lose to many as allied.....isnt sad when you stop playing a map you love cause youll lose points? i think so...
 
mine will be to stop fussing over points....i litterally pull my hair out over those things...in fact i stopped playing strand cause i lose to many as allied.....isnt sad when you stop playing a map you love cause youll lose points? i think so...

That's a good one, though I don't fuss about points. Though I am happy to finally be above 10,000 again..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top