vent server

The Slayer

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
1,948
hey guys

I was wondering how to make a vent server for personal use. Around 20 slots big. Could someone also tell me how i find the thingy to connect? Like we have voice.edgegamers.org. What will my domain be?

Thanks
 
Download their server software, open ports, can't have more than 8 slots self-hosting. Vent servers are cheap, and self hosted ones won't sound good.
 
Of you run your own vent server, It can only host 8 people. It also requires some networking knawledge to make it flawless. With proper settings, the audio can sound much better than one you buy. I've been running my own vent server for a few months now and I prefer it over buying one aside from the size limit.


Your domain would be either be the IP your isp gives you, or it could be a domain you purchase. You can make a free domain at www.dyndns.com. Takes a bit of router work, but its nice.

My domain is:

monkeybrawler.dyndns-server.com

That gives you access to my home network including vent server
 
Last edited:
Back
Top