Well after Anger and sadness i finally finished my computer

Cloakedsphere

EGO Addict
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
1,270
Ok Well most of you have seen my other post on this forum. Well everything was changed up. My Current specs are as follows.

= Cooler Master HAF 912 Case

= Cooler master 500W PSU =

= AMD PHENOM II X4 955 Black Ed. =

= GeForce 9500 Graphics Card =

= 500GB Hard drive =

= One CD/DVD Drive =

= Asus M4A88T-M Motherboard =


All works great. I Have played one game at its highest settings with no lag. (Red Faction Guerrilla) Not the latest game but still has great graphics.
Thanks everyone for helping choose what i needed on the other post!
 
Oh. Geez. That graphics card is a significant step down. :/
 
How is it a step down? Im Able to play many games on their highest setting. i dont get it? :P

That GPU is terribad. Seriously. Spend about $150-200 and get yourself something that will compliment that system as opposed to holding it back.
 
Last edited:
How is it a step down? Im Able to play many games on their highest setting. i dont get it? :P

From the GTX 460 that I picked out? It's simply not nearly as powerful as the 460. Try loading up a demanding game, for example, Bad Company 2 at high settings, and play it at a high resolution of, let's say 1920x1080. The 9500 will choke. The 460 would do significantly better. Plus it's newer technology.
 
Nah. You guys dont understand. I Dont need HD quality. lol games arent realistic so why would i want realistic looks? I Just need something i can play games on medium settings. :) I just got crysis warhead and it can play it at medium settings and begins to lag just a tiny bit at 1280x720.
 
Nah. You guys dont understand. I Dont need HD quality. lol games arent realistic so why would i want realistic looks? I Just need something i can play games on medium settings. :) I just got crysis warhead and it can play it at medium settings and begins to lag just a tiny bit at 1280x720.

You do realize that DX11 is starting to hit mainstream, right? That card is ok at DX9, it's terrible at DX10, and it cannot play DX11. You should have gone with the GTX 460 that Phobus suggested.
 
Come on guys, I realize you don't agree with his decision, but there's not need to flame his new system. I'm sure he's excited to finally have it up and running - no need to kill the enthusiasm.

@Cloakedsphere - Congrats on your new build, man! I'm glad everything is up and running without issue. I don't know what you usually play but feel free to add me on Steam if you want to game sometime. :)
 
Come on guys, I realize you don't agree with his decision, but there's not need to flame his new system. I'm sure he's excited to finally have it up and running - no need to kill the enthusiasm.

@Cloakedsphere - Congrats on your new build, man! I'm glad everything is up and running without issue. I don't know what you usually play but feel free to add me on Steam if you want to game sometime. :)

I wasn't really flaming his build, I just gave him advice and he didn't really follow it. But if he's happy and satisfied with the build, then I've done my job.
 
Come on guys, I realize you don't agree with his decision, but there's not need to flame his new system. I'm sure he's excited to finally have it up and running - no need to kill the enthusiasm.

@Cloakedsphere - Congrats on your new build, man! I'm glad everything is up and running without issue. I don't know what you usually play but feel free to add me on Steam if you want to game sometime. :)

And.. not everybody has an extra $250 lying around.

At least I don't

Yeah guys. Thanks For being nice about my new build. But i will have to return the original mobo that i got and get my money back so maybe ill get some more steam games. :) And ill definatley add u on steam. I Play CS:S, TF2, GMOD, Minecraft, And Crysis now. :) I Will also be getting the game killing floor and maybe DOD:S later on.
 
He could of atleast got a radeon 4830, it's a decent card (I'm using one at the moment, it's one powerful little thing).
As for GTX 460, POWER DRAIN I hear! It's pretty level with the 6850 though. If you're after a card that doesn't need to do tessellation then the 5850 is overkill and within a reasonable budget.
As for tessellation, 6850 and it's cheaper than the 5850, but as far as reviews go many games will run better on the 5850 and the 5850 can do great eyefinity against 3 monitors if you're looking for that.(there's a video of BFBC2 running across eyefinity 3 monitors, each on at 1920x1080)
Also, CRYSIS? You must be a little bit crazy to try run that on a geforce 9500 on anything but low O_o. Seriously, with a system like that you don't want to bottleneck it's performance in games with a 9500
 
He could of atleast got a radeon 4830, it's a decent card (I'm using one at the moment, it's one powerful little thing).
As for GTX 460, POWER DRAIN I hear! It's pretty level with the 6850 though. If you're after a card that doesn't need to do tessellation then the 5850 is overkill and within a reasonable budget.
As for tessellation, 6850 and it's cheaper than the 5850, but as far as reviews go many games will run better on the 5850 and the 5850 can do great eyefinity against 3 monitors if you're looking for that.(there's a video of BFBC2 running across eyefinity 3 monitors, each on at 1920x1080)
Also, CRYSIS? You must be a little bit crazy to try run that on a geforce 9500 on anything but low O_o. Seriously, with a system like that you don't want to bottleneck it's performance in games with a 9500

Half the stuff you just wrote did not help whatsoever, he's already bought what he's bought, and there's no changing that for probably some time yet. Don't post if all you're gonna do is flame it and say what he SHOULD have done.

I've got a 9600 GT (I think) and it's a pretty damn good card. Nothing wrong with it from what I can see, and, I can run quite a few games on high. Then again, not many are exactly new, but I played the MoH Beta just fine. Have fun, and enjoy your new build!
 
Half the stuff you just wrote did not help whatsoever, he's already bought what he's bought, and there's no changing that for probably some time yet. Don't post if all you're gonna do is flame it and say what he SHOULD have done.

I've got a 9600 GT (I think) and it's a pretty damn good card. Nothing wrong with it from what I can see, and, I can run quite a few games on high. Then again, not many are exactly new, but I played the MoH Beta just fine. Have fun, and enjoy your new build!

The 9600 GT is almost twice as powerful as a 9500 GT. You're right, there's nothing wrong with the 9600 GT, but there are better options on the market today.
 
No one's flaming his choices here. I think it was more of a question as to why he went with that card out of all the options available. If you're going to spend that much on a computer, it just seems like an odd choice to bottleneck the rest of the rig with a 9500GT. :o
 
I Went with that card on my budget. After i bought everything i only had enough to get that card. And that you [HoneyChicken] for being nice. I Get that you guys are wondering why i went with the setup i did. Well how do you know i wont change it in the near future? If i want or have to i will change it. lol So far all the games i have played so far ( TF2, CS:S, Crysis warhead, Red Faction ) Have all been able to run fine on medium to low settings. Those are bassically the games i play. I Just got BC2 and it is updating. So when its finished i will be able to play that with fellow eGO members. OH btw i also have minecraft. Anyone who wants to play just add me on steam.
 
Half the stuff you just wrote did not help whatsoever, he's already bought what he's bought, and there's no changing that for probably some time yet. Don't post if all you're gonna do is flame it and say what he SHOULD have done.

I've got a 9600 GT (I think) and it's a pretty damn good card. Nothing wrong with it from what I can see, and, I can run quite a few games on high. Then again, not many are exactly new, but I played the MoH Beta just fine. Have fun, and enjoy your new build!

There's a difference between flaming and suggesting a good upgrade honeychicken. For example, this is flaming, flaming about how I'm sick of and hate people who go around the forums in the attempts to catch people out, which you have quite clearly done now, it is a negative attitude of which to look upon these forums.
/rant
 
REVIVING OLD POSTS FROM WAY BACK WHEN FTW?!?!?!

Well anyways im now upgrading to a 550Ti. So i know everything will be awesome. :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top