- Joined
- Mar 11, 2011
- Messages
- 583
Today I obtained a couple SATA hard drives (40GB each) to try RAID0 with my mobo's built-in RAID controller. I got it all set up, but now I want to use my primary SATA drive (1TB) with the Windows 7 installation on the RAID drives.
I have a 500W power supply. Here's what's connected to it:
Three SATA hard drives: 2x 40GB, 1x 1TB
Four fans
One CD/DVD drive
And of course, my motherboard.
Will I run into any problems with this setup? Can I fry a hard drive or my motherboard if the power supply can't handle it? Or is the only thing that could be damaged the power supply?
Thanks. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to provide it.
dRastic
I have a 500W power supply. Here's what's connected to it:
Three SATA hard drives: 2x 40GB, 1x 1TB
Four fans
One CD/DVD drive
And of course, my motherboard.
Will I run into any problems with this setup? Can I fry a hard drive or my motherboard if the power supply can't handle it? Or is the only thing that could be damaged the power supply?
Thanks. If you need any more information, I'd be happy to provide it.
dRastic













.. but even an antec 530 couldnt keep up with 4 HDD 1DVD R 1 4850HD ATI, 1 Zalman cooling unit, and 4 fans.. the bits he has are going to consume more than what he has on the 12v rails.. thats just my educated opinion.




