Don't ever think your team has too many snipers again.

JayFlip

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
4,942
Ever wish you were in LOTR or one of those medieval war movies? Well, I was!

http://i55.tinypic.com/9vb5g8.jpg

All you could hear whooshing arrows (all huntsman), thrown jars of piss breaking on the ground, and 11 voices crying out "That sniper is a spy!"

We never did convince the 12th man to become a sniper, sadly. However, without being told to, the majority of the red team (7 or 8 players) turned sniper as well.

And as proven by the next screenshot, you don't lose because you have too many snipers (3-5), it's because there aren't enough.

http://i52.tinypic.com/52bew4.jpg
 
I'm getting sick of people switching into sniper on Egypt when we already have one or two on the team. I really don't want to sound mean, but when you have people like JEWNICRON and Tuomi sniping on your team I can't stand when 5 people just randomly switch into the class, especially while the team is getting rolled. Nobody EVER listens to me when I tell them we need engineers and medics to support the team. I type it out and say it over mic and they just ignore me until the teams get auto-balanced from us getting rolled. SO FED UP.
 
Last edited:
I'm getting sick of people switching into sniper on Egypt when we already have one or two on the team. I really don't want to sound mean, but when you have people like JEWNICRON and Tuomi sniping on our team I can't stand when 5 people just randomly switch into the class, especially while the team is getting rolled. Nobody EVER listens to me when I tell them we need engineers and medics to support the team. I type it out and say it over mic and they just ignore me until the teams get auto-balanced from us getting rolled. SO FED UP.

I have to agree with this statement. While it can be funny when the servers are low pop, it get's a tad bit annoying when we have most the team playing as Pyros or something. >.<
 
I'm getting sick of people switching into sniper on Egypt when we already have one or two on the team. I really don't want to sound mean, but when you have people like JEWNICRON and Tuomi sniping on your team I can't stand when 5 people just randomly switch into the class, especially while the team is getting rolled. Nobody EVER listens to me when I tell them we need engineers and medics to support the team. I type it out and say it over mic and they just ignore me until the teams get auto-balanced from us getting rolled. SO FED UP.


2gx1uu1.gif
 
Guys, settle down and play nice.

OT: Thats pretty hilarious :)

I love all class rushing :P
 
That was mean.

Egypt is rarely fun any more, and it's not even because of this. A couple good players on one team often means a roll, a scramble that doesn't help, and another roll. One time we rolled with zero medics and two mini sg engies.

But in short, I was kidding. I don't tell people how to play. If the server isn't fun, I leave or goof around instead of whining.

Dalsia, no offense because you are better than me, but to say that you carry a team (if that's what you're saying) is going a bit far. Even the best demos have a hard time getting a well placed SG (stage 1 cap 2 by spawn, stage 2 cap 2 on the pillars and in the back , and stage 3 cap 2 in the back) in Egypt without an uber or a sap or a bonk scout. And you should know by know that all prisoner does is whine so there's not really a pointing in calling him out on it now is there. :blushing: Oh and a quick look at your steam page - most played class, sniper. Medic? Third from the bottom.

I don't understand people not caring at all about winning either. I know sometimes you just want to goof off/have fun but when you can't even get out of spawn or spend equal time respawning as being alive, I don't know why the team doesn't get 2-4 medics. And you know what? I'm done wondering "why is this team sucking and not caring and not listening." I don't care. Be terrible. I'm leaving. There's plenty of other servers.

Sorry if I'm a bit over the top there mods.
 
Egypt is rarely fun any more, and it's not even because of this. A couple good players on one team often means a roll, a scramble that doesn't help, and another roll. One time we rolled with zero medics and two mini sg engies.

But in short, I was kidding. I don't tell people how to play. If the server isn't fun, I leave or goof around instead of whining.

Dalsia, no offense because you are better than me, but to say that you carry a team (if that's what you're saying) is going a bit far. Even the best demos have a hard time getting a well placed SG (stage 1 cap 2 by spawn, stage 2 cap 2 on the pillars and in the back , and stage 3 cap 2 in the back) in Egypt without an uber or a sap or a bonk scout. And you should know by know that all prisoner does is whine so there's not really a pointing in calling him out on it now is there. :blushing: Oh and a quick look at your steam page - most played class, sniper. Medic? Third from the bottom.

I don't understand people not caring at all about winning either. I know sometimes you just want to goof off/have fun but when you can't even get out of spawn or spend equal time respawning as being alive, I don't know why the team doesn't get 2-4 medics. And you know what? I'm done wondering "why is this team sucking and not caring and not listening." I don't care. Be terrible. I'm leaving. There's plenty of other servers.

Sorry if I'm a bit over the top there mods.

Well, this would be correct.
 
Egypt is rarely fun any more, and it's not even because of this. A couple good players on one team often means a roll, a scramble that doesn't help, and another roll. One time we rolled with zero medics and two mini sg engies.

But in short, I was kidding. I don't tell people how to play. If the server isn't fun, I leave or goof around instead of whining.

Dalsia, no offense because you are better than me, but to say that you carry a team (if that's what you're saying) is going a bit far. Even the best demos have a hard time getting a well placed SG (stage 1 cap 2 by spawn, stage 2 cap 2 on the pillars and in the back , and stage 3 cap 2 in the back) in Egypt without an uber or a sap or a bonk scout. And you should know by know that all prisoner does is whine so there's not really a pointing in calling him out on it now is there. :blushing: Oh and a quick look at your steam page - most played class, sniper. Medic? Third from the bottom.

I don't understand people not caring at all about winning either. I know sometimes you just want to goof off/have fun but when you can't even get out of spawn or spend equal time respawning as being alive, I don't know why the team doesn't get 2-4 medics. And you know what? I'm done wondering "why is this team sucking and not caring and not listening." I don't care. Be terrible. I'm leaving. There's plenty of other servers.

Sorry if I'm a bit over the top there mods.

Sniper is my most played class because that's all I played when I was a noob at TF2 all last summer. So, I essentially spent three months just playing Sniper. My brother, Super88, urged me to go into other classes, so I started on Demo and Soldier later on. If you look at the other class times you'll notice that engie is up in my top 5. Why is that? Well, if I don't go engie we'll never have teleporters or a way to keep the other team from pushing us. I like playing Medic, but the primary reason for me not playing it is because I'm needed as other classes (i.e. most often Demoman and Engineer).

Also, I have recordings and screenshots of myself playing rounds, and on one of them I literally carried the entire team as a soldier. Nobody was pushing on the last point on Egypt since most of our players were snipers and spies, so I switched to the Direct Hit on the Soldier (an easy alternative to kill those stage 1 second point sentries in spawn - all you have to do is go to the back and shoot three shots in a row at the sentry and it will blow up). I have a video of me literally taking out all 4 level three sentries, many members on their team and then dying because nobody was helping me out. Now, we had snipers and spies trying to take out those sentries for a good 10 minutes, but failed because you can't simply expect an engie stand still while you kill him if he's wrangling. Yet I, the person who barely has 50 hours on soldier, can single-handedly take out several players and all of their sentries. It bothers me. We ended up losing because nobody pushed after all of that aforementioned activity. So, overall I guess what I'm saying is that I do carry my team. It may seem kind of mean to say it, but my scores prove it, and I have the screenshots/demos to back it up.

Oh, and I didn't think I was calling Prisoner out on any comments (sorry, Prisoner, if it sounded like that). I was just making a point that my apparent "whining" was rooted in something more than just superficial anger because I got owned the last time I played. I'm most upset with the fact that nobody ever listens to my suggestions to improve the team and give us a competitive chance of winning.
 
Last edited:
And you should know by know that all prisoner does is whine so there's not really a pointing in calling him out on it now is there.


Um... what the hell. Do you even read half of my posts?


At least pretend to have a little tact.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top