Looking for a new monitor

FreakingHell

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Sep 1, 2008
Messages
2,181
Looking for a 1920x1200 monitor around 24". Must be less than $400 (preferably much less). I've always been a noob when it comes to monitors (response time, contrast ratios, etc, etc) so I need some help. Thanks guys.
 
this will seem weird to u but i would consider it. look for a CRT called Trinitron. it is one of the best gaming monitor out there. dont ask me y its been a very long time just research the name. u can find one on creglist for around $25-$90. this monitor will make your eyes bleed.
 
Not really interested in a CRT. Takes up too much space. And I take my monitor to college with me so I'd have to keep moving it around. Thanks though.
 
Mr. Freaking,

LG or Samsung would usually be your best bet.

Offers great balance in terms of price-quality.

P.S. You know I <3 you, but your new avatar sucks donkey butt. Bring back your old one, please. Do it for the children.
 
16x10 monitors are pretty hard to come by these days. The Dell U2410 is a solid one, max retail ~$500 -- they seem to be going up in price. If you can handle a 16x9 screen, the Dell U2311H is my current favorite (I've seen them on sale for ~$200, typically in the $300 range). Both of these monitors are quality IPS panels. They aren't as fast or as cheap as a TN, but are superior in viewing angles, colors, etc. I've found them fast enough for gaming. I personally bought P2310H TN panels a month before the U2311H's were announced and still wish I had the IPS panels.
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005235

I use LG generally good LCD's the one i linked is a LED display its 1920x1080 so not exactly what you were looking for but its a LED so color will be way better. Plus its only in the $250 range

On second thought you might want to go with this one, just read the reviews for the LG it got bad ones all four reviews describe the same issue.

here is a Asus LCD instead =) once again 1920x1080 $209

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236048
 
Last edited:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236119

That's your winner. Too bad it costs nearly $500. That said, it's a pretty amazing monitor.

The market has moved to exclusively 16:9 monitors for the consumer market with 16:10 monitors being made exclusively for professional applications. It really sucks as I love my 1920x1200 ASUS monitor, but you can't help what the market has done. If you want a 16:10 monitor, you're going to have to shell out some cash for it.

BTW, is it just me, or should the ratio be 8:5, not 16:10? I've always wondered that...



EDIT: Woah! They still exist!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176141
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001409

Too bad they're so expensive for freakin TN panels. If you want something better that's still 16:10, the price nearly doubles.
 
Last edited:
Top two brands I like, Samsung and Asus. I have the Samsung LED 24'', and I really love their casing. Gloss black and it is super sexy, Samsung makes great TV's and of course I trust them so I got one of their models for my monitor.
 
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-P2450H-24-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B003ARSZ1G/ref=dp_cp_ob_pc_title_2"]Amazon.com: Samsung P2450H 24-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color LCD Monitor - Rose Black: Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511pvR-xSGL.@@AMEPARAM@@511pvR-xSGL[/ame]


or this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001392

I think samsung has one of the best monitors as it shows proper color. i have the samsung t260 26" @ 1920x1200.
 
I Would recommend a Samsung great color a little pricey at times but i never found a problem with them
 

Latest posts

Back
Top