The Victory Pack Update!

they also catch people on fire and sap sentries...so soilder fortress2?

Not entirely. They alt fire sets them on fire if it's in the hitbox and the alt fire disables sentries for 5 seconds.



Ew was my first response when I saw them...

I do say ew to it too. But hopefully skins will start rolling out for the weapons. :P
 
As with all new weapons everyone will hate them...until that is that they get them. I personally cant wait to use them :).
 
As with all new weapons everyone will hate them...until that is that they get them. I personally cant wait to use them :).

The Bison is a really good pistol laser thing. You can 2 shot scouts, demos, soilders, pyros, and snipers with it. :thumbup:
 
Didnt they just put out an update that broke the game for some people? So.. they do it again? havent played since update but usually the updates break the game for people in some way so I have faith in Valve fail and am expecting the worst. I look forward to the update title "The Last update"
 
Unfortunately, a lot of you missed what I was saying. I said "pre-use" of Weapons, and most of you already have seen them...
 
ew space age weapons in a 1960s era game

which is kind of funny because they look very similar to 1960s television film alien weapons like the old lost in space
 
I think it's a little bit overpowered considering it has unlimited ammo, has the ability to burn, and has 5 rockets clip size. I don't think it looked to well to be a "TF2 Rocket Launcher" but it's a very fun item to use.
 
I don't think they're OP. Was playing arena earlier and a few people on the other team had the new weapons. Easily took care of them just about every-time with my rl/shotty/eq loadout.

That said, the particle effects are super annoying and the weapons don't really fit in the game.

C'mon now Valve.
 
You know who likes these weapons? People who can't get kills or people who only care about their score. I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but in almost all situations paying attention to your ammo count matters. Well, not with these, and the damage output is ridiculous.

Now it's going to be even harder to get better at this game from playing on pubs since I'm 100% sure these weapons will be banned from almost all competitive play.
 
I agree. The damage is way too high for these guns, they need to be nerfed soon. The hitbox on the gun is also pretty big compared to reg rockets.
 
You know who likes these weapons? People who can't get kills or people who only care about their score. I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but in almost all situations paying attention to your ammo count matters. Well, not with these, and the damage output is ridiculous.

Now it's going to be even harder to get better at this game from playing on pubs since I'm 100% sure these weapons will be banned from almost all competitive play.

This exactly. Also, the hitbox is ridiculous! I've been killed plenty of times by this launcher already, while NO WHERE near the stupid projectile.
 
I just acquired these guns and I do not feel as if they are OP in any way. I like the increase in clip size from 4 rockets (original) to 5 rockets, they kill most classes with 2 rockets (just like the original RL), the Alt fire of the rocket launcher does mini crit damage + fire damage, but the side effect is that there is a charge time and you almost stop moving completely which means any class can kill you before you shoot. I dont think these weapons are in any way OP, but ofcourse you get BABIES CRYING with every update.
 
New rocket launcher is a straight upgrade unless you're one of those people that requires random crits to win. Alt-fire making capping points hell if a soldier uses it against cappers. Against a single sentry emplacement, it's unstoppable.

New pistol is an incredible upgrade if you can lead targets. In mesa vents it's like a railgun.



Here is a picture of the new weapons in action:
zDwXn.gif
 
Last edited:
that pic made me laugh hard thereven.

i cant rly say anything about the weapons cause i havent played with or against them yet. the effects seem to be blarg. but i guess these soldier arent too hard to kill..
 
New rocket launcher is a straight upgrade unless you're one of those people that requires random crits to win. Alt-fire making capping points hell if a soldier uses it against cappers. Against a single sentry emplacement, it's unstoppable.

New pistol is an incredible upgrade if you can lead targets. In mesa vents it's like a railgun.

Coming off of that same round, I echo those sentiments (more or less).

I used the new Cow Mangler 5000 a bit, and I find that the Alt fire is basically useless unless you're edging a sentry from the Vent above L/C. I basically treat this thing as a RL with an extra rocket.

In related news, the official TF2 wiki has the info on it.

Base damage is 81 on players and 16 on buildings, compared to 90 for the vanilla RL.

The Cow Mangler 5000 has a slightly higher point blank damage, and a slightly lower medium and long range damage compared to the vanilla RL.

The attack intervals are the same (.8s), but it takes a full half second longer for the first reload on the Cow Mangler 5000. Its consecutive reloads are .05s longer then the vanilla launcher.

According to the wiki, "A charged shot deals mini-crits and aproximately 35% extra damage to players and can disable any Engineer buildings for 4 seconds. A charged shot ignites nearby enemies for 6 seconds when it explodes."

Keep in mind, you are a slow moving target for about 3 seconds as the alt-fire charges up.

I don't see unlimited ammo being a game changer on a map like mesa.There is ammo everywhere and with 32 players, there is bound to be fraged weps all over the place.

What is a big deal is that extra rocket. I noticed that coming in handy in several situations.

So basically, here are the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
Extra Rocket (+++)
Unlimited Ammo (+)

Cons:
Less Damage against Sentries (--)
Slower reload (--)

Mehs:
The alt-fire. Yes it causes a lot of damage and deactivates buildings, but you could have fired 4 rockets in the same amount of time, which would destroy a level 3 sentry outright, without needlessly exposing yourself to Scoots/Hoovies/Nook.


As for the Righteous Bison, I traded mine already.

I don't think it is actually all that better then a shotgun (with the exception of the vent scenario or taking out a sniper); in fact, it might be worse. It has 2 less shots then a shotgun, and it also is a projectile instead of pellets. What this means is, you have to be accurate. Also, if the target is running towards you, potentially only 2 of the 3 projectiles will register, meaning less damage then a shotgun.

In summary, I think the Cow Mangler 5000 is OP (but not as bad as the Demo set), and the Righteous Bison is a sidegrade at best or, more likely, a downgrade.
 


Seriously, I'm tired of these new weapons. If Valve wants to do something good, they'll have another community map pack update.
 
I just acquired these guns and I do not feel as if they are OP in any way. I like the increase in clip size from 4 rockets (original) to 5 rockets, they kill most classes with 2 rockets (just like the original RL), the Alt fire of the rocket launcher does mini crit damage + fire damage, but the side effect is that there is a charge time and you almost stop moving completely which means any class can kill you before you shoot. I dont think these weapons are in any way OP, but ofcourse you get BABIES CRYING with every update.

Even if they are OP, they will get nerfed just like the Tomislav did.
 
Back
Top