Death of an MMO: Star Wars Galaxies

Lament for Star Wars Galaxies:

Dear Star Wars Galaxies,

Thank you for letting me run around and have fun for the few months that I played you. I may have only ran around taking screenshots, but I had a lot of fun none the less. I may not have fully understood your system at first, but you were still something pretty cool.

Also, thanks for the free holocron at Christmas time, even if there was absolutely no way I was going to grind to Master Ranger to get closer to unlocking the jedi slot.

You were my first MMO and perhaps a small part of me wishes I had played you more. However, at the time my schooling was more important and our separation was necessary.

RIP,
Shallnar (my SWG name)

screenShot0056.jpg


screenShot0032.jpg
 
Oh my gosh! I used to play this game all the time! So sad to see it gone. :(
 
SWGEmu, don't let us down!

(Honestly, even in its WIP state SWGEmu is probably better than ToR >_>)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
SWGEmu, don't let us down!

(Honestly, even in its WIP state SWGEmu is probably better than ToR >_>)

Doubtful, SWG was win for its sand box style and huge amount of customization (yay different ship parts, paint jobs, woot color choices for armor) but ToR has amazing and deep storylines for each class :O
 
I just wish they'd remake X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter...that game was epic win.
 
It's so sad when a MMO ceases to exist. It's like a million voices cried out, than went silent...




Let's hope SW:TOR doesn't have the same fate...

Unfortunately, early players are saying SW:TOR is like WOW in space :( really hope that's not true
 
It's so sad when a MMO ceases to exist. It's like a million voices cried out, than went silent...






Unfortunately, early players are saying SW:TOR is like WOW in space :( really hope that's not true

It's not. Sure, there are similar things, but it's not WoW.

The Wow Fanboys just have nothing else to compare it to.
 
It's so sad when a MMO ceases to exist. It's like a million voices cried out, than went silent...






Unfortunately, early players are saying SW:TOR is like WOW in space :( really hope that's not true

Played the beta for like 10 minutes ... it was the old TAB + 1;2;3 style ... wasn't like the action mmo (like TERA) it looked like earlier when they would show it ...

Maybe there's more to it, but I need more of a challenge than TAB + 1;2;3;etc style MMOs
 
Played the beta for like 10 minutes ... it was the old TAB + 1;2;3 style ... wasn't like the action mmo (like TERA) it looked like earlier when they would show it ...

Maybe there's more to it, but I need more of a challenge than TAB + 1;2;3;etc style MMOs

It was never going to be Jedi Academy like people were thinking. I m not sure how people same gameplay footage and thought this was going to be like Jedi Academy where you have full control of your lightsaber. This has the same sort of pretense like WoW or GW or LOTRO or any other basic fantasy mmo game. But it improves on a lot of those staples. Space Combat, Crew/Companions, the way you gather resources and craft, and lets not forget that it actually is an RPG where you interact with a fully diverse voice cast where no two characters are voiced by the same person. With light and dark side choices that affect the gameplay and what rewards you can get.

This game shares the basic core of WoW but its not WoW.
 
Star Wars Galaxies. I played you for over 4 years. . . I bought your many expansions . . . How I will miss you like a long lost lover.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top