Valve Maps's Progress Thread

Should we disable no-crits & no-spread on VM for Quickplay?

  • Yes

    Points: 24 55.8%
  • No

    Points: 19 44.2%

  • Total voters
    43
  • Poll closed .
The gap is more like 6 hours, and it's bigger during the school week. The server didn't get full until 1PM CST or so today.

with good reason though. everybody's at school.
 
with good reason though. everybody's at school.

Not everybody. Which is why our 2Fort server is full practically 24/7 on its good days.

We need people like these (be they Europeans, kids on break, or people with night jobs, etc.) to be regulars on Valve Maps.

And right now, I see only 7 people on Valve Maps. o.O What happened???
 
Not everybody. Which is why our 2Fort server is full practically 24/7 on its good days.

We need people like these (be they Europeans, kids on break, or people with night jobs, etc.) to be regulars on Valve Maps.

And right now, I see only 7 people on Valve Maps. o.O What happened???

relax, relax, me, Noble, and Hans got it filled up reasonably quickly.
 
Not everybody. Which is why our 2Fort server is full practically 24/7 on its good days.

2Fort has many a good days, then. When it goes down, it only takes about 5 minutes to fill back up if even. We need to work on getting Valve Maps to this point, and work Mesa up the ladder.
 
2Fort has many a good days, then. When it goes down, it only takes about 5 minutes to fill back up if even. We need to work on getting Valve Maps to this point, and work Mesa up the ladder.

It sometimes goes down for a couple of hours, but yes, it's generally always up.

I agree. All our servers must reach this point!
 
The gap is more like 6 hours, and it's bigger during the school week. The server didn't get full until 1PM CST or so today.

2Fort was still going up in rank while not filling until 2PM CST. In it's case, though, it was staying full usually until 4AM CST, which is why it was still going up in rank.

(It's not gotten to the point where it basically can only go up in rank if it stays full 24/7. When it empties, even for only a few hours, it tends to go down in rank, and even when it stays full, it only goes up 3 - 10 ranks)

You all have my full support on each of these servers :{D

Yay! We greatly appreciate it!



Anyway, in conclusion, filling Valve Maps earlier would be great! But so would keeping it full late into the night, which may be an easier and/or more practical solution to the problem until we can get it to stay full all day (though that will be very difficult with a rotation server like Valve Maps)
 
2Fort was still going up in rank while not filling until 2PM CST. In it's case, though, it was staying full usually until 4AM CST, which is why it was still going up in rank.

(It's not gotten to the point where it basically can only go up in rank if it stays full 24/7. When it empties, even for only a few hours, it tends to go down in rank, and even when it stays full, it only goes up 3 - 10 ranks)


Anyway, in conclusion, filling Valve Maps earlier would be great! But so would keeping it full late into the night, which may be an easier and/or more practical solution to the problem until we can get it to stay full all day (though that will be very difficult with a rotation server like Valve Maps)

Not surprising. It would be harder to rise in ranks at that high of the rank system.

Yes, it shall be difficult. But we can persevere and win! I'm sure of it!

I'll definitely help with filling it up in the morning next week during Spring Break.

(Spriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Breaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak.)
 
Can someone please fill me in on what's going on here, cause I'm a bit confused. By the votes in the poll and by the Kazoo's main post, isn't the VM server supposed to have no crits, and no spread? Last time I played (yesterday), random crits were on, and they have been on for a few weeks at least. Whats up?
 
Can someone please fill me in on what's going on here, cause I'm a bit confused. By the votes in the poll and by the Kazoo's main post, isn't the VM server supposed to have no crits, and no spread? Last time I played (yesterday), random crits were on, and they have been on for a few weeks at least. Whats up?

You must be misreading/misunderstanding the poll and original post. We had to disable no-crits and no-spread for the QuickPlay. This means crits and spread are on.

(Double negatives can be confusing.)

We've had QuickPlay for a few weeks, so that is why you have experienced random crits.

Sorry for the misunderstandings.
 
You must be misreading/misunderstanding the poll and original post. We had to disable no-crits and no-spread for the QuickPlay. This means crits and spread are on.

(Double negatives can be confusing.)

We've had QuickPlay for a few weeks, so that is why you have experienced random crits.

Sorry for the misunderstandings.

To expand on this some more:

QuickPlay only works with servers with default settings, meaning that if the TF2 Leadership decided to bring back no crits/spread, QuickPlay would be turned off and VM, predicting from recent events, would go down in GT ranks some more.

People have said that there was a plugin that let you change server settings like that while keeping QuickPlay active, but I believe spidEY said that it wouldn't work.

Hope we answered what we could [Bandit].
 
Either not many people are playing today or QuickPlay is broken.

Despite the valiant efforts this evening (CST), Valve Maps has yet to fill up. :(

Must be a slow/bad day today.


EDIT: Foundry wasn't doing as well as usual either.

I blame schoooooooooooooooool.
 
Last edited:
Why are there never any "Fast Fill" Announcements for Valve Maps? I'm just curious about that.
 
Why are there never any "Fast Fill" Announcements for Valve Maps? I'm just curious about that.

There are Fast Fill announcements for Valve Maps. There was one yesterday and one today. Unfortunately, only 5 other people besides myself showed up for today's FF.

I think they are losing their touch.


EDIT: We dropped to 907. Sad, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be, considering today's low activity.
 
Last edited:
I appeared today! as well as my colleague Peachiekins we battled it out for a couple of hours and plan on returning tomorrow as well :{D, also there seems to be a bug with the invite system that directs people to 2fort instead of Valve Maps.
 
I appeared today! as well as my colleague Peachiekins we battled it out for a couple of hours and plan on returning tomorrow as well :{D, also there seems to be a bug with the invite system that directs people to 2fort instead of Valve Maps.

2Fort is magical!

Spring break is next week for a lot of people, so hopefully that will help during it's non-prime hours.
 
I appeared today! as well as my colleague Peachiekins we battled it out for a couple of hours and plan on returning tomorrow as well :{D, also there seems to be a bug with the invite system that directs people to 2fort instead of Valve Maps.

That bug has happened before! Very annoying when that happens.

.... I wonder if that bug affected QuickPlay? Maybe not, but 2fort was the only server that did well yesterday.

Suspiciousssssss.


2Fort is magical!

Spring break is next week for a lot of people, so hopefully that will help during it's non-prime hours.

SPRING BREAK!
 
My spring break was last week lol, Well hope you enjoy yourself kazoo while im blowing stuff up in my chem labs :D
 
There are Fast Fill announcements for Valve Maps. There was one yesterday and one today. Unfortunately, only 5 other people besides myself showed up for today's FF.

I think they are losing their touch.


EDIT: We dropped to 907. Sad, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be, considering today's low activity.

I played last night... the odd thing is when I play and get people on, it usually fills right up. It didn't last night D;
 

Latest posts

Back
Top