Windows 7

pandA.

EGO Zealot
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
1,422
Hey everyone! I have a question. Right now, I have Windows XP. Most of my files are deleted and most of the time, it says error file cannot be found. So If I downloaded Windows 7 from the disc, Will everything come back to normal lie a new computer without viruses? So will this replace all of my files like a new computer? Thanks!
 
Lol.... Well depends how you install it, you can have it wipe everything and start new or you can transfer over the files
 
If you know there is a virus issue then it would be best to format and new install the OS. That would be like having a new comp out of the box and you will want to back up any files that are important to you.
 
if you had virus's then may i suggest usin a program like DBAN to low level format drive to clean it then install your os
 
Lol.... Well depends how you install it, you can have it wipe everything and start new or you can transfer over the files

How can you do that? For Instance, I can't download free games like Tribes Ascend and Soldier Front. Also, I cannot download BF3 because I have XP (Minimum requirement for BF3 is windows 7). It says it cannot find the file to download. So I think there is a missing file which makes everything in my computer screwed up. So if I choose to install the Windows 7 and restart my PC from scratch, I will just have to download CS:S etc. again.
 
Last edited:
Well.. What I would do is start over but buy a 32gb flash drive and back up stuff you want pics game saves etc. If you don't want to reinstall run microsoft security essentials malware bytes and spy bot something all of the links are stickied.. And combo fix if needed, also when installing new, you need to install ethernet drivers so make sure you get that, it comes on your mobos cd that came with it.

Also bf3 runs vista
 

Latest posts

Back
Top