Close Quaters Suggestions Thread

Socretez

Active Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
360
It's been requested that we create a thread or dropbox our comments and concerns about the CQ server. So here we are:

My current suggestions and thoughts are:


  • Instead of a 1:1 GM to CQ map rotation, I suggest we do a 1:2 or a 1:3 rotations so that people aren't constantly playing Gun Master. Yes it's quick, but a lot of players do and don't like it.
  • Vehicle Respawn rates -> 30% from 100%
  • I think we could implement the vote map system in this server because that way we can ensure that we get Gun Master or not depending on whether or not the server wants it. Also 1-map rotations are nice with this, because it doesn't really matter what side you are on because the spawns are random, and it's nice having the 10 minute maps changing every 10 minutes. Keeps things fresh and non-stagnate.
  • From what I've seen, Gun Master fills a server very quickly and fills the slots, but at the same time, at the end of a match it seems to empty out depending on how hard the top gun raped his opposition we might want to consider what I said earlier about putting it in every so often, too much could empty the server, if say Thundr kept winning every round.
 
See red text

It's been requested that we create a thread or dropbox our comments and concerns about the CQ server. So here we are:

My current suggestions and thoughts are:


Instead of a 1:1 GM to CQ map rotation, I suggest we do a 1:2 or a 1:3 rotations so that people aren't constantly playing Gun Master. Yes it's quick, but a lot of players do and don't like it.

If we were to change anything, we would change the ticket count to make Conquest Domination maps longer, we will discuss. We currently have the ticket count set at 300% of normal. (I think normal is 150? not sure)

Vehicle Respawn rates -> 30% from 100%

Hmmm? CQ doesnt have Vehicles....If you are talking about B2K or HC Conquest I think this change has already been implemented

I think we could implement the vote map system in this server because that way we can ensure that we get Gun Master or not depending on whether or not the server wants it. Also 1-map rotations are nice with this, because it doesn't really matter what side you are on because the spawns are random, and it's nice having the 10 minute maps changing every 10 minutes. Keeps things fresh and non-stagnate.

Currently the Votemap plugin does not work for the new CQ DLC we are waiting for the plugin developer to update. Once it is we will have it on the server.

From what I've seen, Gun Master fills a server very quickly and fills the slots, but at the same time, at the end of a match it seems to empty out depending on how hard the top gun raped his opposition we might want to consider what I said earlier about putting it in every so often, too much could empty the server, if say Thundr kept winning every round.
 
Last edited:
The vehicle time change was a joke -.-

As for the ticket count, I believe that the map speed isn't what's off. I think the maps are just the right amount of time elapsed on a full server as is. I love the changing of maps ever 10 minutes, it emphasizes the fact that this is fast paced cq action. However I feel that mode changes to gun master should be a little further apart than they are.

Good to know on the plugin.
 
The main thing we need is to increase the number of tickets, makes the game last longer and allows for some kind of strategy when playing. We also need that because the upcoming PCGN CQ leagues will also feature higher ticket counts which will require us to come up with good strats, just running and gunning wont do it.
 
I agree with the 3 CD maps and then 1 GM match. More liberal then my 4 to 5 CD maps suggestion I told Thundr yesterday but I could live with it.

The problem with a 1:1 ratio is they are two completely different types of play. At least with Rush/CQ there is still a semblance of similarities.

Jumping to GM is like jumping to a completely different game. While alright for a change of pace, the pace doesn't even have time to be established to warrant a change. And making the one CD match last longer won't make it better it will just make people eventually tired of playing the same round if extended long enough to warrant a change of pace to GM.

...But what would I know.
 
Well we dont really need this thread any more because we have both a gun master server and a conquest domination
 
Nope. But this was originally posted because I was requested to.

The CQ server is PERFECT.

GM server is... I dunno Haven't played it.
 
just some more tickets would be nice to use squad tactics on domination, this game mode is really based on squad play attacking/defending a point.
Whit low tickets to much players go rambo killing, whit a bit higher tickets the cap points get even more important and then squad play suits the server more.
 
just some more tickets would be nice to use squad tactics on domination, this game mode is really based on squad play attacking/defending a point.
Whit low tickets to much players go rambo killing, whit a bit higher tickets the cap points get even more important and then squad play suits the server more.

Rambo killing is really fun. And good for my stat page's health.
 
Nope. But this was originally posted because I was requested to.

The CQ server is PERFECT.

GM server is... I dunno Haven't played it.

Please keep posting your ideas, these servers are still not set in stone.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top