New Map dedicated to Edge Gamers

Your map looks pretty nice bro. Let me know if you need another tester. I made about 12 maps for CS between the years of 99-03.
 
I will always camp at the bar just because I'm Irish ok? Add a lepracaun or two :D Love it!
 
After extensive testing with bots... I have removed about half of the map. I wasn't really considering the fact that the HL2 engine just can't handle a huge amount of wide open areas and polys... so there really isn't any more "above ground".. and the tunnels/underground has been expanded.

BUT its been named now! DrW_underground :)
 
Mmm, looks neat. I'd like to see how it's actually played out. Count me in when you do test runs! :)
 
After extensive testing with bots... I have removed about half of the map. I wasn't really considering the fact that the HL2 engine just can't handle a huge amount of wide open areas and polys... so there really isn't any more "above ground".. and the tunnels/underground has been expanded.

BUT its been named now! DrW_underground :)

Actually the Source Engine can handle outside areas and open areas that are medium sized and even large for the most part and if handled correctly.

Optimizing a map will greatly improve FPS and as for a NAV mesh that will always take a long time on anything but a small map.
 
Not with the level of detail I like to put into my maps!

Feel free to check out:

ba_jb_alcatraz
ba_jb_libertys_hope
ba_jb_prospekt

Those three (primarily the first two) use medium to large open spaces with lots of detail and the FPS is 45+ without a problem.
 
Not with the level of detail I like to put into my maps!

The fact you're running bots also cuts down fps, I can play dust 64 slot with 100+fps at all times, but with 15 bots on one team it goes to about 40.
 
The new map is turning out really, really great. I'll toss up a couple screenshots soon as a spoiler.
 
Looks fun to play!
Good work on this. Looks like it took lots of dedication
 
Nice looking map, Dr. I'd be interested in downloading it for testing purposes too!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top