How do you deal with me and my mini doom bringer?

I hide in a different server from you and your mini doom bringer
 
I either crit pyro you to death (Your mini usually finishes me off, but I still kill you)

Or I could wait until you are preoccupied with other players when I can come out from the shadows and stab you.
 
It's pretty easy to circle strafe a mini sentry if you're within a close enough range. I don't see why people have such a hard time with minis. If you're good minis are really easy to take out, they keep coming back up but they hardly ever kill me.
 
Haven't run into you personally. But I have yet to find a problem sm_ban couldn't solve.

sm_forcespec would probably work rather well too.
 
sm_forcespec would probably work rather well too.

What's this? Is Idol going soft?



I also can't say I've run into you, but I always have difficulty with good demos and heavies in general when I play battle engie.

I always try to have an escape route especially when I'm out of metal and just trying to hold a position as long as possible. Or I just leave the mini to fend for itself?
 
It's pretty easy to circle strafe a mini sentry if you're within a close enough range. I don't see why people have such a hard time with minis. If you're good minis are really easy to take out, they keep coming back up but they hardly ever kill me.

Well I don't leave my mini out alone as I'm usually peppering whoever my mini is firing at with my pistol or if I'm close enough pumping them full of buck shot from my shotgun.

I agree a mini by itself is a simple threat that only slightly increases if put in a hard to reach location but it truly becomes deadly when its a mini + engie going at you.

I find the best way to deal with a battle engie it to go battle engie myself over spy or sniper but that also more me wanting to test my metal against another engie.
 
Well being a Pyro I've had many traumatizing experiences with mini-sentries. Some simple ways for me to take them down is circle strafing around a mini sentry with my flame thrower, one-half of a rotation will net me a dead mini sentry and usually a loss of 10-30 health depending on how close to a corner you've place your mini sentry. If it's an open area and no one's around and I know where a nearby health kit is I will w+m1 that sucker down and lose ~100 health, not too appealing.
If I'm chasing you a useful technique for stopping me is to place mini sentries down while I'm chasing you. I stop to destroy mini sentries. No exceptions. I've had one too many times where I've been chasing a mini sentry engy, ignored his mini terror of death, and died because of ~PERFECT TRACKING~.
My whole pyro life is based on the probability of error and mind games equal to that of a terrorist, when people are on fire and I've air blasted them, they panic and I NEED that panic to frag them, heavies especially.

Moving back to mini sentry engies, if you can escape me using your mini's as decoys then you win, if I even clip you with my air blast, I win. Remember that a pyro needs almost the entire setup time of your mini to destroy it.
 
I don't really understand the term, battle engineer anyway, but I do know that whenever I see an engineer run head first into battle with a box in his hands...it just looks silly.
 
I'm always aiming to improve my skill as an engineer and to continue to do so I would like some feedback from those of you who play against me and my mini. What are the obvious and things that I do you always rely on to kill me?

To get stronger one has to know ones own weakness so I would like to hear what my weakness is so I can turn it into a strength.

Also for those who will say my 500+ ping is a weakness that will eventually correct itself when I get back to the states.

Simply Direct hit solly.
 
I've already developed a good counter to solly with DH, mostly involves my pistol, my amazing pistol grouping to whittle their health down while keeping them at bay with my mini's they want to destroy.

That depends on whether or not the soldier can aim. 3-4 shots can take down two minis and the engie.
 
That depends on whether or not the soldier can aim. 3-4 shots can take down two minis and the engie.

A DH can take down a mini with one to two rockets depending on distance. Up close the mini's are one hit wonders but the lack of splash damage is my saving factor against the solider as he has 4 rockets and needs 2 of them to take me out which I have grown very accustom to dodging.

Now give the solly a crit and I'm done for but by then I usually have a telly up.
 
A DH can take down a mini with one to two rockets depending on distance. Up close the mini's are one hit wonders but the lack of splash damage is my saving factor against the solider as he has 4 rockets and needs 2 of them to take me out which I have grown very accustom to dodging.

Now give the solly a crit and I'm done for but by then I usually have a telly up.

You're still depending on the soldier to not aim.

*buys direct hit*
 

Latest posts

Back
Top