- Joined
- Jun 15, 2012
- Messages
- 878
So I was randomly added by a Steam User. He wanted my Dota 2 backpack and offered $20 for it, which was already quite an overpay seeing as I had around 16 cheap items in it and I never played Dota 2.
I let him scam me since I don't really care about Dota 2 anyways.
Here is the chat log:
OH, what will people do to scam...
Just felt like sharing this story
I let him scam me since I don't really care about Dota 2 anyways.
Here is the chat log:
Steam Chat said:=(eG)= Humility The Humble: hey
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: sorry for not responding to your invite earlier
Вasilisk...: hello, Nitsche terrible
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: So, what did you need?
Вasilisk...: you do not sell things from DotA 2
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: I have some I might sell, but I do not have an official trade
Вasilisk...: how much do you want for your stuff?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: everything?
Вasilisk...: how much you can follow any responses?ъ
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: I could sell everything, since I don't really play Dota 2 if that's what you mean
Вasilisk...: yes
Вasilisk...: good
Вasilisk...: how much do you want for it?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Could you just offer since I don't really know the exact values
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: and I'd really prefer something not Dota 2, if possible
Вasilisk...: 20$
Вasilisk...: good?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: yes
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: on Paypal or steam wallet?
Вasilisk...: good
Вasilisk...: to your Steam account
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: k
Вasilisk...: go?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Sure
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: how do you want it to happen?
Вasilisk...: through the exchange of
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Steam Market MEthod?
Вasilisk...: I just transfer money in exchange
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: ok
Вasilisk... has accepted your request to trade.
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: and now?
Вasilisk...: 1 minute I transfer money
Вasilisk...: Post to come
Вasilisk...: all ready
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: right
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: do i post something on the steam market?
Вasilisk...: I transferred the money to the exchanger, they will take you immediately after the exchange
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Can I see this 'exchanger'?
Вasilisk...: yes, you had to come downstairs message
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: can you explain this then?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: You cannot add wallet credit or any form of money into the trade window
Вasilisk...: do not worry I'm not going to deceive anybody
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: from this page
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003
Вasilisk...: money will you have after your confirmation
Вasilisk...: on this account
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: ok
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: give me a second
Вasilisk...: good
Вasilisk...: you ready?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Could I perhaps see a screenshot of your steam page?
Вasilisk...: I do not understand you
Вasilisk...: (((
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: ok
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Even though I know you will scam me, I will still accept the trade
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Okay
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: now where is my money?
Вasilisk...: NO!
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: NO!, what?
Вasilisk...: it's not a hoax
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: you don't have it?
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: ok
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: then where is my money?
Вasilisk...: money will you have for 10-20 minutes
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: Right...
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: And when you sent the money, I'm sure you got a confirmation. Can I see it?
Вasilisk...: 10-20 minutes
=(eG)= Humility The Humble: You should've gotten a receipt. Can I see a screenshot of it?
Вasilisk... is now Offline.
OH, what will people do to scam...
Just felt like sharing this story
Last edited:















