Upping my game

Attack of the mice!

  • Roccat Kone XTD

    Points: 2 8.0%
  • Razor DeathAdder 2013

    Points: 14 56.0%
  • Logitech G500

    Points: 7 28.0%
  • Logitech G9X

    Points: 2 8.0%

  • Total voters
    25
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

$hy

Rookie
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
62
Hi everyone, I am just looking for tips on how to improve my play style. My reflexes are not that fast anymore and I often feel like my k/d is not helping my team. Usually my k/d is around .5 kills per death with an accuracy of around 8%. Sure kills are not everything and sometimes all it takes is throwing a few bodies on a cap but still, my accuracy and k/d are horrible.

:facewall:

I feel like I understand the flow of the maps and what to do when it comes to flag caps pushing/holding but dang it I really, really want to be more effective.

Well, if any of you do not have very good reflexes and have found some tricks or exercises that can help I would love to read about em.

Oh, and I have a poll for a new gaming mouse up top. Whichever gets the most votes will be the one I buy :)

Thanks everyone- Matty
 
i think alot of it boils down to anticipating and understanding your surroundings. you can try finding favorite spots around a map and plan out where enemy soldiers would pop out of around structures. then, you can move from spot to spot and create a structured attack plan.

also, remember you don't always have to move forward ... you can try circling around structures, flank, or whatever you need to do to confuse your opponent.

try to do something your opponent wouldn't normally expect. catch them off-guard.
 
Go with the deathadder hands down! I just bought it a month ago, and I love it!
 
i think alot of it boils down to anticipating and understanding your surroundings. you can try finding favorite spots around a map and plan out where enemy soldiers would pop out of around structures. then, you can move from spot to spot and create a structured attack plan.

also, remember you don't always have to move forward ... you can try circling around structures, flank, or whatever you need to do to confuse your opponent.

try to do something your opponent wouldn't normally expect. catch them off-guard.

Agreed- the moment you are predictable, thats when it is easiest to kill you. If your enemy knows where you are, dont be there. Sometimes I find myself getting into a pattern, and find that I am killed by the same person, over and over. Most of it is stubbornness, I WILL get that guy, if I have to die 10 times to do it. When things are going well, I am mixing it up, going different ways, attacking from different angles.

As far as the mouse goes, there are MANY of us who now have the Deathadder 2013... It is a solid mouse. For DoD, for example, I have the DPI turned all the way up to 6400, and adjust the game's sensitivity down to a comfortable level. I believe I have that set at .85. (suggestion thanks to Rufio) That way, for normal looking/aiming, it is smooth, but you can whip a 180 and shoot someone that is shooting at you fairly easily. For other games, I have different profiles set up that I equip before launching the game. I had the Logitech G500 before, and the one advantage that one has is that you have a button on the mouse to adjust DPI settings, so you dont have to tab out and get to the Razer Configurator. Both would serve you well, but the Razer has a definite comfortable feel in your hand. I am very, very happy with it. It feels like an extension of my hand, and I think thats what you should look for.

Also, spend an extra $20 or so, and get a gaming mousepad. Look into Rocketfish. Its metal, with 2 sides. One for control, and one for speed. it has rubber feet on it to keep it from sliding around. I got mine at best buy for 20 bucks... The surface your mouse is on is almost as important as the mouse itself. A good analogy is having racing slicks on your car, driving on a dirt road.

2pennies,

Q
 
Just keep your sensitivity low and learn/get better at anticipating when your enemy is going to peek.
 
It's all personal preference.... Everyone is going to vote for whatever mouse they own and like. I've personally been using the G5/G500 for about 6-7 years now and obviously like it. I'm only on my second one now which shows its durability, but then again I don't play every day.

I'd say go for the G500 or Deathadder. You can't go wrong with either, and like I said it's all personal preference......
 
I do not think a mouse really helps. I just recently got a Razer Abyssus, it took a while to get used to do, but in the end I think my accuracy is just as good as it was with my Microsoft Basic mouse.

As far as improving your game goes, you do not need to have lighting fast reflexes and unusually good aim. There are players who both fit this description and when they play on a 16 vs 16 pub they are usually not very good kpd-wise. They essentially just run around and rely on their speed and accuracy to get kills, but in doing so they get flanked and naded, and shot in the back a lot too. But the players who are not fast and take their time, stand back for the right moments, can out-kpd these fast players.

You can work on your gamesense. Develop a general strategy of where players like to go and when they like to come out, what paths they take, and so forth. Then you can wait/camp the spots you are anticipating them to get those kills. For example, say the axis are down to last flag on kalt, and you know you will not cap their 1st, instead of trying to cap their first, go to the boxes and defend the second. Camp for them, wait for enemies coming to boxed and on the other side of the wall, you should have the advantage and get a few kills like that.
 
I have a DeathAdder and I love it, I used to have a couple logitechs but I could never really get them to act the way I wanted.
 
I also use the DeathAdder..

I would try to offer you some advice, $hy, but I am terrible at every game I play.
I do not try for kills/objectives, I just enjoy the game and the conversation.

There are so many good players in this Division, I'm sure you can pick up a lot.
Personally, I wish we could just bring our own tents to camp in...

girls-princess-tent.jpg
 
I've noticed when I'm playing really good is when I've gotten really pumped from music (don't really play music in the background), but finding good music before I play I've noticed I'm a lot better. Mouse wise, I use a cheap copy of a gaming mouse, but I can get 1600 DPI on it, but can't overclock my hertz so I still get delays in-game. Lately every now and then for the past 6 months my mouse has been crapping out of me and I don't have the money to buy one with separate drivers for it. Usually I just uninstall and reinstall the typical lame Microsoft standard mouse drivers and I get real smooth game play and I'm pumped/happy, equals really good game play usually; plus 50 or 60 kills.

I usually have my mouse set around 400 DPI or the original 200 DPI and mess around with sensitivities below 3.5. Lower the sensitivity with rifles is real nice with the original DPI and 400. I don't tend to go past those two settings because my mouse is really cheap and the feel on it feels weird.

Recoil is mostly what you probably need to work on. The bar probably has the most recoil. but is deadly if you can "averagely" master it. The assaults really don't take much, but if you really want to improve your accuracy you should look up mini games that help with it. I use to do things like luminosity (a website) that helped with your mind, handicordination, eyes, thinking, etc. All in all, it just takes a lot of practice. Play one map constantly for a while and stick with one weapon until you can get a nice KPD average.

Sound is everything to me, without any headphones whatsoever I would die constantly. Hearing footsteps is very important.

Hope this helped.
 
wow thanks Q-tip for the reply that was really in-depth. From the looks of it the deathadder is going to win. sounds like that is the way to go :P

thanks for the advice good sir!
 
;2472538 said:
wow thanks Q-tip for the reply that was really in-depth. From the looks of it the deathadder is going to win. sounds like that is the way to go :P

thanks for the advice good sir!

dont get me wrong, the G500 is solid. But I found, along with others, I think Meg was having the same problem- after a while, it starts locking up on you. Your mouse will freeze at inopportune times- no looking, no aiming, no shooting... until a few seconds later you hear the USB 'bebop' then it works. it starts to happen more and more, which is why I switched. You will enjoy the deathadder :)

And the others have had really good advice on gameplay- if you are trying to be cautious and peek corners, make sure you do it lightning fast- if you stand on the corner and stare, you will surely get shot in the face. take a quick peek, and then decide if you want to go after what you saw, or change your mind and flank- Kalt is a perfect example of this. If you peek the corner of bridge, very quickly, and see a sniper, 3 riflemen, a prone assault, and an MG... you may want to go thru sewers or wheelhouse and flank the bridge. I have done that many times, its very satisfying to come up behind a smug MG and sniper, and put your shovel upside their head. :)
 
I personally use a death adder and love it. It's gotten me through various FPS games as well as MMO playing. I'd recommend it to anyone.
 
The Razer Lechesis is the only mouse I have owned and been completely satisfied with.

Personally I stray from Logitech products (excluding their high-end keyboards) as they have poor build quality as far as I am concerned. Headsets and mice, particularly.

-Blue
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top