Reserved slots?

Versed

Forum Fiend
Joined
Dec 12, 2013
Messages
651
As members do we get reserved slots for the servers? There are times when the servers are full and I'd like to be able to get in. Thanks!
 
We do not get reserved slots in any of our servers, not even council members.
 
Kind of like class limits, reserve server slots seems gratifying but in the end it just causes more problems and bad blood.
 
Kind of like class limits, reserve server slots seems gratifying but in the end it just causes more problems and bad blood.


I think any time Sanctified joins a server, class limits need to be implemented.... Just not for everyone on the server, only Sanctified. Only allow him to play as a spy or a sniper.

I'd love to watch him burn.
 
I think any time Sanctified joins a server, class limits need to be implemented.... Just not for everyone on the server, only Sanctified. Only allow him to play as a spy or a sniper.

I'd love to watch him burn.

unless im on his team
 
I think any time Sanctified joins a server, class limits need to be implemented.... Just not for everyone on the server, only Sanctified. Only allow him to play as a spy or a sniper.

I'd love to watch him burn.

Allow me to respond with a modified Breaking Bad quote: I am not in danger, Tanooki. I am the danger. A guy opens his spawndoor and gets immolated and you think that of me? No. I am the one who BURNS!
 
Keep your children away from Sanctified
And Versed no we all have to wait even the Dedicated Supporters
 
Allow me to respond with a modified Breaking Bad quote: I am not in danger, Tanooki. I am the danger. A guy opens his spawndoor and gets immolated and you think that of me? No. I am the one who BURNS!

Although I am impressed with the modified quote, I am still spiteful towards you. And where might this spite come from?

It all start one glorious Egypt day. Sanctified was on Blu, and I was on Blu. All was good in the world.

Sanctified was doing his usual thing, running around setting the world on fire (w+m1), and I was doing whatever it is Tanooki's do.

All of the sudden, I spontaneously caught fire from an unknown spy check. My dead ringer was on cool down, there is no health or ammo in sight. What to do?!?! Oh I know, Sanctified is a pyro! And I know he's right around me! Oh glorious day! "I shall live!", I think to myself....

I scurry as fast as my little spy legs may carry me, towards Sanctified. My health is ticking away, I'm getting rather low. I'm close to death. Then, I see the name I have been searching for! Sanctified, the only one who can save me. My true hero! But something amiss when I see him.... he has a rocket launcher?!?!?! What is this sorcery!? My savior, that I have been counting on, knowing he is a pyro, is now a soldier?! Sanctified's selfish action of changing classes lead to my death. To this day, I have not fully recovered. I don't believe I ever will.

tl:dr- Sanctified is a jerk face.
 
Although I am impressed with the modified quote, I am still spiteful towards you. And where might this spite come from?

It all start one glorious Egypt day. Sanctified was on Blu, and I was on Blu. All was good in the world.

Sanctified was doing his usual thing, running around setting the world on fire (w+m1), and I was doing whatever it is Tanooki's do.

All of the sudden, I spontaneously caught fire from an unknown spy check. My dead ringer was on cool down, there is no health or ammo in sight. What to do?!?! Oh I know, Sanctified is a pyro! And I know he's right around me! Oh glorious day! "I shall live!", I think to myself....

I scurry as fast as my little spy legs may carry me, towards Sanctified. My health is ticking away, I'm getting rather low. I'm close to death. Then, I see the name I have been searching for! Sanctified, the only one who can save me. My true hero! But something amiss when I see him.... he has a rocket launcher?!?!?! What is this sorcery!? My savior, that I have been counting on, knowing he is a pyro, is now a soldier?! Sanctified's selfish action of changing classes lead to my death. To this day, I have not fully recovered. I don't believe I ever will.

tl:dr- Sanctified is a jerk face.


* Sheds a single tear :'( *
 
Kind of like class limits, reserve server slots seems gratifying but in the end it just causes more problems and bad blood.

The only bad blood class limits create are people complaining about how they can't be the 3rd sniper, so you have to play or *gasp* learn another class.

Class limits are a good thing it helps people learn that there's more to the game then their favorite class, it ensures a (more or less valid) team composition, and more importantly it forces players to off class which in the long run is important as knowing how/what that class does in certain situations will only make you a better player.

If you're afraid of playing classes that you aren't good with then, yes class limits are bad.
 
Our servers aren't meant to be super competitive. Putting class limits in place will only cause problems.

For example, there are days when I only want to pyro. If we have too many pyros, I'll leave and find a different server. I have no interest in playing other classes. Gonna brag here, but I already know how to play all the classes well enough that I can top score every time, if I want.

Problem is, I don't want to. I'd rather be <insert class here>.
 
The only bad blood class limits create are people complaining about how they can't be the 3rd sniper, so you have to play or *gasp* learn another class.
-snip-
If you're afraid of playing classes that you aren't good with then, yes class limits are bad.

No. This has been discussed before. Whiners don't scare me. I am afraid that inexperienced players will cling to their precious sniper slot and never let go, even when more competent people are around who can do the job better, but can't, because class limits.


Also, I am so, so sorry, Tanooki. At least look on the bright side- you got to die in the best way: in cleansing, searing fire.
 
Last edited:
wow XD anyways as much as I hate waiting 5+ minutes to get into dustbowl I remember a time before eGO, when I couldn't join a server with 20/24 people because of...... RESERVED SLOTS! But ya, it's nothing more then annoying to have them. Worst part is, it makes you load for a long time before saying that ~_~ Also doesn't help fill servers ^_^
 
No. This has been discussed before. Whiners don't scare me. I am afraid that inexperienced players will cling to their precious sniper slot and never let go, even when more competent people are around who can do the job better, but can't, because class limits.

There are ways to balance it out, but because of the way eGO handles servers/people there's no point in bringing them up. I will admit class limits on 24/7 map servers is a bad idea but rotation servers will allow more chances for players to snag that one class they may want. And yes 1 bad player clinging to the spot may be annoying but (usually) never game changing.

I know the issue has been discussed (and shot down) before, but I fully support class limits.

If anything should we ever get a new server a more competitive one would be great, the usual competitive maps for selection, no crits, class limits etc. would personally become my new tf2 home.

Also just so I can be on topic, reserved slots are usually never a good idea you end up with either 20-22/24 player or allow the full 24 but put in a kick system. While it's good for the regulars the pubs get the short end of the stick and we here at eGO love those horribly silly pubs
 
Last edited:
No one is allowed a reserved slot, it has been talked about and agreed that no one should be allowed, even the owner!
 
Comp servers like that wouldn't support quick play. We've thought about it before.

But the insta-gib server does?

I'm not sure what it's like to manage a server or how the quick play system works (and why it's so important) but if we were to advertise on various sites and make it well known enough to get a decent collection of regular (not counting eGO members) it could be able to work.

Also can I ask why a competitive server is being shot down (aside from the reasons you already mentioned)?
 
Would be kind of annoying as a pub to just get booted for no reason at all, and the player may less likely return because of that.
 
Back
Top