Other than just killing everyone anyway and getting grief for it, but when else am I going to be able to kill players with higher scores?![]()
When you grab a pocket medic and you destroy the other team as an offensive class once the server's full c;
Other than just killing everyone anyway and getting grief for it, but when else am I going to be able to kill players with higher scores?![]()
Filling servers should remain as a priority if you want to keep them all.
If you really care about your points, then I suggest playing on servers that are just filled and keep them from emptying out. Before, we could easily fill a server and it'd be fine. Now sometimes a server's population fluctuates after we leave the server to fill the next.
Aside from removing gameMe completely (which won't happen), I don't think there is anything that can be done to keep those points from dropping during silly fun times.
Filling servers should remain as a priority if you want to keep them all.
If you really care about your points, then I suggest playing on servers that are just filled and keep them from emptying out. Before, we could easily fill a server and it'd be fine. Now sometimes a server's population fluctuates after we leave the server to fill the next.
Aside from removing gameMe completely (which won't happen), I don't think there is anything that can be done to keep those points from dropping during silly fun times.
I think, right now, the current minimum number of players on a server before GameME starts taking note of play is 6. Can that be raised? I don't really have an opinion either way, just curious.
I think, right now, the current minimum number of players on a server before GameME starts taking note of play is 6. Can that be raised? I don't really have an opinion either way, just curious.
^No. People should instead fix this perception that GameME points should mean something. I've heard the, "I don't want to fill because it lowers my score," line more times than I would have ever expected. If that's the mentality one wants to take, he can look in the mirror when his favorite server is next on the chopping block and he wants to find someone to blame.
minimum fir Gameme is 4 players
No. People should instead fix this perception that GameME points should mean something. I've heard the, "I don't want to fill because it lowers my score," line more times than I would have ever expected. If that's the mentality one wants to take, he can look in the mirror when his favorite server is next on the chopping block and he wants to find someone to blame.
I completely agree with this. I'll admit, I do enjoy seeing my points go up and the satisfying kd ratios, but I do also enjoy filling and the random games of just having fun.
And in all truth, we all play TF2 for fun, don't we? So while I can see the point trying to be made about sacrificing points while filling, I get just as much fun out of derping around with my fish scout or being silly for the heck of it. Some people aren't like that, but at the same time would you rather see your favorite home server die because all of the regulars don't fill, and instead join a full one for points? It's touchy debate but I actually love filling when I get that chance even when I lose those points because I'd rather see the success that the server has once we've done a good job.
Short story, points are cool, yes. But really they're just points. They aren't even really much of bragging rights because the system is pretty wonky unless you get way up there. Filling does more for eGO and the servers than an individual's points.
I don't even pay attention to them when I fill.
Just my thoughts...
Sent with my owl using howler
I completely agree with this. I'll admit, I do enjoy seeing my points go up and the satisfying kd ratios, but I do also enjoy filling and the random games of just having fun.
And in all truth, we all play TF2 for fun, don't we? So while I can see the point trying to be made about sacrificing points while filling, I get just as much fun out of derping around with my fish scout or being silly for the heck of it. Some people aren't like that, but at the same time would you rather see your favorite home server die because all of the regulars don't fill, and instead join a full one for points? It's touchy debate but I actually love filling when I get that chance even when I lose those points because I'd rather see the success that the server has once we've done a good job.
Short story, points are cool, yes. But really they're just points. They aren't even really much of bragging rights because the system is pretty wonky unless you get way up there. Filling does more for eGO and the servers than an individual's points.
I don't even pay attention to them when I fill.
Just my thoughts...
Sent with my owl using howler

I had no idea people even gave a crap about points. I hid all the gameME messages because they spam the chat.