Day One of Year One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelestis

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
2,320
Dearest members of dabes division!

For those of you who attended the September admin round table, you have heard this. For the rest of you, it is important that you read this.

The plaintive cries that our division has emphasized numbers too greatly have not fallen on deaf ears. In fact, they never did. Everyone gets burned out and tired of doing the same thing day in and day out. Nobody can do the same routine every day without suffering fatigue. No one should feel they have to do anything. This is not a second job and you should not feel that way. This is not about the recruiting numbers. This is not about the server numbers. This is a gaming community; we come here to play games. Everyone, from the oldest veteran to the newest recruit, might need to be reminded of that from time to time. I am no exception to that.

You may have felt pressure from above to focus on numbers. Well, no longer. Today is Day One of Year One. We will not lean on you about servers or antagonize you about whichever games you feel like whenever you feel like it. You came here to game. This is your community and you get to decide what you get out of it. Relax. Breathe. Rest assured that this division's leadership will strive in every way to make sure that you are as well-informed about important decisions before they happen. You have all done an admirable job turning things around in this division when there has been a prevailing sense of melancholy.

There is no set of people with whom I would rather game than you. Thank you for being people I can proudly say embody the ideals of this community and are the reason I have stayed in this community.

You're all dabes.
 
Yes, yes, yes. And I will say this part again:

"There is no set of people with whom I would rather game than you. Thank you for being people I can proudly say embody the ideals of this community and are the reason I have stayed in this community.

You're all dabes."
 
When I read the title of this thread, I thought Cael was congratulating himself about his first year of eGO. Then I started to read the thread and I thought he was leaving. I hit the end... and I still don't know what's going on.
 
Last edited:
Hooray! Can we throw a party.

Yes, we can.


i9jKb5g.png
 
kthxluvu

tbh though, this is nice and all, but we do need a reminder every now and then. Just don't overdo it. You guys are doing a great job.
 
So that's why the Server Ranks thread was unstickied, then.

What will happen to the FFTF?
 
So that's why the Server Ranks thread was unstickied, then.

What will happen to the FFTF?

FFTF will continue to coordinate fills to help all our servers fill up so we don't play on empty servers alone. :)
 
To ensure we're all on the same page, this is about breathing easy. Do we still have to dedicate ourselves to recruiting? Of course we do. Do we still have to make sure our server ranks don't plummet? Of course we do. These are essential elements for the growth of our community.

We still have a long way to go in making this division the best it can be. Every person can contribute, whether seeding, recruiting, or simply playing on our servers. Every little bit helps: don't forget that. We're not giving up. We're getting ready to make this division better than it ever has been, but we need your support to make it happen.
 
I appreciate that very much Cael.

Early on when I first became an admin about this time last year and really up until about 4 months ago I always felt "pushed" towards joining other servers. And you know, sometimes, I didn't give a damn, I just wanted to play in the dabes server (which should go without saying, but we all know it's Harvest).

But a few months back I realized, who cares. The majority of the time I try to treat eGOs needs above my needs. I've played thousands and thousands of hours of games in my short life and have never really given back to the communities that gave me such a positive gaming experience.

eGO radically changed my perception of online gaming and thus I now feel responsible to finally give back.

But NO eGO user should ever feel compelled to change their gaming experience in the quest for rankings, recruits, or whatever. That is not what we're about.

When I joined eGO there were a few users who made me feel so welcome, panda, rdinator, kazoo, and a handful of others. I just loved playing in the servers and that's what brought me back time and time again.

I hope that every member finds their own reasons for coming and then ultimately staying. I came because I loved the community, I stay because I want to give back to the community. No member should feel obligated to give back though. You didn't join to give back, so don't feel obligated to do so.

If you want to help, that's great, but if you want to just shoot me in the face all day (because all of you are pretty much infinitely better than me) in your favorite server and never leave, that's great, do that and don't worry about numbers and whatever, we've other members who can worry about that!

Tl;dr, just do what makes you happy.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top