- Joined
- Mar 24, 2011
- Messages
- 1,488
Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with eGO. The eGO community is what keeps me coming back to this bloated game. The problem is Valve.
We knew, from the very beginning, that End of the Line was in two parts. It was the short by McV and his talented team, and a new community map, weapons, and cosmetics from Valve. Who delivered? McV.
2014 has not been a good year for TF2. The game has become more bloated, and the Halloween update was so complex that it would constantly break servers. I feel like EOTL was the last straw. A pay-to-play event (does "Free to Play forever" ring any bells, Valve?), one all-class melee reskin, more winter cosmetics (like we didn't have enough), and the EOTL map being cut for being too complex.
Wait, WHAT?
So, pushing the cart in a slightly remixed procedural A/D map that is almost a carbon copy of Payload is too complicated? More complicated than "there's this guy that appears and you have to get tickets and ring a bell and when you ring the bell you'll be in go karts and collecting ducks or avoiding platforms or kicking a ball" I MEAN COME ON.
McV more than delivered on his promise with EOTL. It even surpassed Expiration Date in terms of quality. Valve dropped the ball, and dropped it hard. And even more so, there's so much damn content in this game that I get FPS drops regularly. I could set my watch by the drops. And it's not because I have a bad computer, my GPU is a GTX 970. Valve needs to step back and work on a rebalancing, de-bloating update of this game, because if this is the level of effort and content we expect from Valve now, I don't want to play.
The only reason I can think of to put any effort or money towards this update is that it will support McV. He deserves the medal of all honors for going above and beyond with his SFM masterpiece.
/end of rant
We knew, from the very beginning, that End of the Line was in two parts. It was the short by McV and his talented team, and a new community map, weapons, and cosmetics from Valve. Who delivered? McV.
2014 has not been a good year for TF2. The game has become more bloated, and the Halloween update was so complex that it would constantly break servers. I feel like EOTL was the last straw. A pay-to-play event (does "Free to Play forever" ring any bells, Valve?), one all-class melee reskin, more winter cosmetics (like we didn't have enough), and the EOTL map being cut for being too complex.
Wait, WHAT?
So, pushing the cart in a slightly remixed procedural A/D map that is almost a carbon copy of Payload is too complicated? More complicated than "there's this guy that appears and you have to get tickets and ring a bell and when you ring the bell you'll be in go karts and collecting ducks or avoiding platforms or kicking a ball" I MEAN COME ON.
McV more than delivered on his promise with EOTL. It even surpassed Expiration Date in terms of quality. Valve dropped the ball, and dropped it hard. And even more so, there's so much damn content in this game that I get FPS drops regularly. I could set my watch by the drops. And it's not because I have a bad computer, my GPU is a GTX 970. Valve needs to step back and work on a rebalancing, de-bloating update of this game, because if this is the level of effort and content we expect from Valve now, I don't want to play.
The only reason I can think of to put any effort or money towards this update is that it will support McV. He deserves the medal of all honors for going above and beyond with his SFM masterpiece.
/end of rant
























