Undercover admin? :D

Corrupted

EGO Zealot
Joined
May 29, 2018
Messages
1,713
So there is allot of rulebreaking whenever there isnt any admins on , freekills , mix spamming etc and so I thought of this idea where there could be an admin with an e tag , but nobody would know he would be an admin , and he would for example have the powers to mute , gag and swap . The idea of this is that whenever people wanna freekill someone , they would obviously do it when there is no admins , but there would be an admin but just nobody would know that because he doesnt have the eG tag . Allot of the times whenever there is no admins , people just mic spam or gunplant.

What's your opinion about this?
 
Upvote 0
Yea, most of the time During "Peak hours" when there's No admins on the JailBreak server, There's a lot of Rulebreaking (MFK, Racism, Disrespect, etc) and this would actually be a solid method to catch the rulebreakers. Or, ya know, you could just, yknow, *cough cough*kanna4admin*cough cough*
 
I think a command for admins would be a good solution. This command would hide their tag for a short time or until disabled again.

Perhaps it could be sm_undercover.
 
I think a command for admins would be a good solution. This command would hide their tag for a short time or until disabled again.

Perhaps it could be sm_undercover.

and the ability to change their steam name upon doing that, because I don't need a tag to know who is an admin.
 
/vanish is kind of a good idea. I think it would be needed for the Pg servers, because they can get quite crazy. Back on the older servers, like in 2016-17, it was more managable because of smaller player sizes. I'm for it though. The only conflit I see is it's against the policy of play first, admin second.
 
/vanish is kind of a good idea. I think it would be needed for the Pg servers, because they can get quite crazy. Back on the older servers, like in 2016-17, it was more managable because of smaller player sizes. I'm for it though. The only conflit I see is it's against the policy of play first, admin second.

My policy is: "Insure others can have fun"
 
Everyone would just assume I was demoted lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I mean you could easly remember what admins play on csgo , and if they just randomnly had it changed to just e or without would be rly sus.
 
/vanish is kind of a good idea. I think it would be needed for the Pg servers, because they can get quite crazy. Back on the older servers, like in 2016-17, it was more managable because of smaller player sizes. I'm for it though. The only conflit I see is it's against the policy of play first, admin second.

I mean it would be good , but its really boring for the admin , I think there should be certain people that secretly have some admin commands , because the problem with vanish , would be that you would have to change your profile pic , all your previous steam names would have to get removed etc , and if it was to be a spectate thing than that would be completely boring for the admin , because they might have to be in that mode for 30 min spectating this one person that might just intentionally freekill , the point of this is so that the admin can still play rebel etc , but nobody would know he had admin powers , and he would just swap people for freekilling if it happend , because people w8 untill there is no admins on and than rulebreak .
 
I overall think the idea is quite good. I mean, I used to think that the people have calmed down with freekilling and such, but it was just today and yesterday when no admins were on and I witnessed CT's freekilling T's in LR. I think it's a good idea, if some of the admins changed to a random name and with no tag so where they can still play, but more of an undercover style admin.
 
I think a command for admins would be a good solution. This command would hide their tag for a short time or until disabled again.

Perhaps it could be sm_undercover.

This was what I was thinking... For example, in Minecraft, I know there's a command that changes the player's name, skin, etc. So that would be a cool command to add to the server.

But I don't know how a sm_undercover command would work because it would be pretty obvious when an admin suddenly disappears and some random player joins.

sm_vanish would be a better option imo.
 
The only conflit I see is it's against the policy of play first, admin second.

This is probably what you will find the biggest opposition towards this suggestion being. I think it may end up with more people just trying to admin the life out of a server and not actually play.

I don't really know where I sit with this suggestion as a whole though, but just some thoughts...

No server can be fully admined 24/7. We rely on e's and the good pubs to make ban requests and help keep the server clean as best as possible. Does it help in the very moment? Not really. Will it help down the road if we keep removing the bad players? Sure, I think so.

There was a comment about making it specific to only a few admins... this would probably lead to hell trying to assign permissions. We got so many roles and stuff as is. So it's an all-or-nothing approach.

Just some food for thought in the discussion.
 
This was what I was thinking... For example, in Minecraft, I know there's a command that changes the player's name, skin, etc. So that would be a cool command to add to the server.

But I don't know how a sm_undercover command would work because it would be pretty obvious when an admin suddenly disappears and some random player joins.

sm_vanish would be a better option imo.

Yeah I know what your talking about , but the problem with csgo and steam in general is that you could check there profile , and see there previous names than you would know its an admin and you wouldnt rule break , the idea that I have is that only some people have the perms to swap , kick etc . Nobody would know he would have the perms ,only the admins.
 
Record a demo, take condumps, save screenshots, request ban. Ask for extra time to their ban if you believe they are purposely only misbehaving when admins are not on.
 
That sounds interesting. I'm sure it would work if we could figure out how to do it. We need something though cause we all know how it can get when there are no admins.
 
Record a demo, take condumps, save screenshots, request ban. Ask for extra time to their ban if you believe they are purposely only misbehaving when admins are not on.

I agree with Rougue, although there may not be admins on at a specific time players should still record demos/take screenshots and make a report on the forms. Also Hiding the eG/eGO Tags would only GIVE the player an urge to break any rules (assuming there isn't an admin online), unlike when an admin is online they would not break any rules because they know that they would get the ban hammer ;)
 
Uhhh, I actually disagree with this topic. I'm not gonna explain all my thoughts and reasoning but it's just unnecessary. Like others have said our policy is to play first admin second, one other thing we've been taught in our admin training is to "Not look for trouble". With admins undercover it just defeats the whole purpose of responsibilities as an admin. Our rules are vague for a reason, and we have admins for a reason, if we start becoming so strict that we need someone that needs to pretend their a pub just to get rid of any situation, where does that leave us and the reputation we have as a whole.
 
So there is allot of rulebreaking whenever there isnt any admins on , freekills , mix spamming etc and so I thought of this idea where there could be an admin with an e tag , but nobody would know he would be an admin , and he would for example have the powers to mute , gag and swap . The idea of this is that whenever people wanna freekill someone , they would obviously do it when there is no admins , but there would be an admin but just nobody would know that because he doesnt have the eG tag . Allot of the times whenever there is no admins , people just mic spam or gunplant.

What's your opinion about this?

If you?re a player you should report this behavior. Not hope an undercover admin is there to save the day. Also, would create a lot of drama if people find out. Rumors as well and possibly bullying/harassment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think a command for admins would be a good solution. This command would hide their tag for a short time or until disabled again.

Perhaps it could be sm_undercover.

A thing on Minecraft back in the day. What I was thinking too. Way better than an undercover recruit. However, how would reports go about in admin chat? This could possibly be abused too. I just think admins when on should be an available source of communication and help and shouldnt worry about being visible or not in the process. Just would make it way too easy for them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Latest posts

Back
Top