Counter-Strike: Global Offensive X-ray Case Scanning?

lofi

Poster
Joined
Aug 15, 2019
Messages
186
So I know this is only in France (but you can easily exploit it to use it now in any country), but the new Case-Scanner addition to CS:GO case opening to me seems like a really good way for Valve to either double their profits from case openings, or for people to spend $2.50 to buy the P-250 and nothing more. I'd love to hear what you all think about the new case scanner and whether you plan on getting it once it comes to your country. (Or right now) I personally already tried buying the P-250 (even tho I'm from the US) and plan on using it tonight on some cases, I will make an edit with a screenshot to let you know what happens.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if cases now keep the same item when traded or bought.

And if so, what happens when you trade a case with an Xray scanner on it? Does it just lock the case in your inventory until you open it?
 
I feel like it's pointless, at most you earn the value of a key, but you still have to keep opening cases if you want to scan more. Nothing is gonna happen to the cs economy is my guess.

It was probably just added because France have a new law that states that you need to see what is inside a virutal case for you to legally open it. France is a big country and valve want them to continue opening cases, that is why this is only added in France.
 
I was wondering the same thing. If you scan a case, see a knife, and then trade the case to another player, will they have the same outcome? We can test this out but it may not be clear.
 
Genius move by Valve “it’s not gambling if you know what you are receiving”
 
You're not wrong, it's now legal in most places where gambling isn't
 
Watch out, valve can ban you for switching your location to use the xray scanner. I'd avoid getting it for the time being until we see if anyone gets banned for it.
 
Wait what? What did I miss ?_?

In France, loot boxes are considered gambling. So valve made it so those in France know what they will get so its not gambling or something.

The only way to use the scanner again is to open the box though, so it's a lazy effort to continue milking nerds for money.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top