Not Planned Listing EGO Events in Other Discords (Overwatch)

KumQuat

CumQuat
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
346
I'm going to get straight to the point, so in the Overwatch server there'd be a drop down on the side that says something like "Separate EGO Events" including a faq on where/how to join and a list of upcoming events. I feel a lot of people in that discord aren't aware of the other aspects of EGO, so that would be a way to get them more involved, while the Overwatch discord would remain active.
 
Upvote 3
After getting some feedback on this idea, the main issue was that it would put a lot more stress on EC's since they'd have to separately add each event themselves. Maybe it would work if there's some sort of Discord bot that could streamline the events directly to the Overwatch Discord once they were added in the main EGO Discord. However, I doubt that exists. A possible, and simple to implement, solution would be to create a locked text channel advertising where to find new events in other discords.
 
I like the idea of advertising all eGO events in each discord, but I think there should be a max timefrime like 2 days from the event it gets posted I don't know how this would work as I bot but I personally will look into it.
 
if i were interested in overwatch i would join the discord. if i were interested in GTA i would join the discord. if i were interested in genshin impact i would join the discord.

you get the point.

why should those events clutter the main discord and the events of the divisions without dedicated discord servers, when they have their own place?
 
I like the idea of advertising all eGO events in each discord, but I think there should be a max timefrime like 2 days from the event it gets posted I don't know how this would work as I bot but I personally will look into it.
If a bots not viable, having just a faq on where to find events would be good too. Thanks for looking into it.
 
if i were interested in overwatch i would join the discord. if i were interested in GTA i would join the discord. if i were interested in genshin impact i would join the discord.

you get the point.

why should those events clutter the main discord and the events of the divisions without dedicated discord servers, when they have their own place?
I don't think you understand the point of my suggestion. The focus of this is about advertising the main discords events to other discords (primarily Overwatch) in a non-intrusive manner.
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure events are accessible through discord's API which means that in theory it's possible that there is a bot that exists that can sync events or you could build one, just depends if it would be worth it

Another alternative is to link the events announcements channels between discords which would make the announcement on all discords when it's sent (this can be done with discord's own feature [announcement channels] that lets you subscribe to certain channels to get updates from that channel on your own server)
 
if i were interested in overwatch i would join the discord. if i were interested in GTA i would join the discord. if i were interested in genshin impact i would join the discord.

you get the point.

why should those events clutter the main discord and the events of the divisions without dedicated discord servers, when they have their own place?
Because we as an EC team decided it would be better to host stuff in the main Discord for activity sake and advertisement sake. This was the same in TeamSpeak and it's the same thing now. I don't think clutter would be the right word though.
 
Because we as an EC team decided it would be better to host stuff in the main Discord for activity sake and advertisement sake. This was the same in TeamSpeak and it's the same thing now. I don't think clutter would be the right word though.
same result - different paths

I don't think you understand the point of my suggestion. The focus of this is about advertising the main discords events to other discords (primarily Overwatch) in a non-intrusive manner.
so it only goes one way? we advertise "our" events in "their" discords, but not the other way around?
 
Last edited:
same result - different paths


so it only goes one way? we advertise "our" events in "their" discords, but not the other way around?
I mean we kinda already advertise our events in the main discord.
 
I don't see them? 🤔
We don't have any events on the schedule currently since we just had Overwatch day part 3 yesterday. We started posting events on both discords when the main one got revamped.
 
We don't have any events on the schedule currently since we just had Overwatch day part 3 yesterday. We started posting events on both discords when the main one got revamped.
but... overwatch doesnt post other games' events?
that seems kinda.. uh.. weird?
 
I'm going to get straight to the point, so in the Overwatch server there'd be a drop down on the side that says something like "Separate EGO Events" including a faq on where/how to join and a list of upcoming events. I feel a lot of people in that discord aren't aware of the other aspects of EGO, so that would be a way to get them more involved, while the Overwatch discord would remain active.
Personally, I like this idea and want to see how possible this is. Moving this to "Open - On Roadmap"
 
In addition, I feel as though something has caused some confusion, the advertising of events throughout the community is to reach the widest possible audience, allowing the most amount of potential people to come and enjoy the event, while also ensuring not to clutter one area too much. Not every event will be advertised everywhere, this is for the EC teams to decide at the end of the day.

If you have passion for an EC team I suggest reaching out to the EC manager and asking how you may apply/help out.
 
but... overwatch doesnt post other games' events?
that seems kinda.. uh.. weird?
Kinda the point of the thread and something to be worked on in the near future. Having events being advertised through every discord.
 
Back
Top