New Build (Corei7)

Omg, that case is just asking for being modded ! :D
 
Omg, that case is just asking for being modded ! :D

I KNOW right? Everything comes out of this case, everything held in with screws. You can mod the crap out of it. The Mod Brothers even did a review on it. I absolutely love this case! :D
 
Err makes my new system look like Poo.... built on x-mas thou best system by far i have :D but nice im going to build a AMD Phenom II if not they run crysis at 6ghz :D
 
Wally,

I love your taste in components for a great powerful computer. Your entire build is perfect and I like your choice of a 1000 W PSU. I'm loving my 1200 W its great, it powers 3 cards perfectly. For the motherboard I would get the Bloodrage because I've heard some good reviews about it. And you just can't beat that sexy red color. I'm not sure if you have a velociraptor at hand but I would use 2 velociraptors and put them in RAID 0 for your main drive. But AAKs are good also. For the ram, I know they are EXTREMELY expensive and you don't have a TON of cash laying around but if you could try to squeeze in a little more ram so you can put that x64 bit Vista into good use :D.

For your choice of monitors I would choose the Acer because first of all I have 2 of those and they haven't let me down yet and don't think they will. Great monitor :D I play my PS3 on it and the visual quality is great :D.
 
Dang, how do you guys find the money to buy all that stuff? Must cost thousands, with THREE graphics cards like Volcom has.
One thing though: I was wondering why you had chosen 6GB of RAM. Unless you're going for 64-bit Vista/OS of your choice, it's kind of pointless, seeing as 32-bit can only utilize 3.5-4.0 GB of the RAM anyways, and wastes all the rest. 64-bit OSs in my opinion are a bit too advanced for the present, seeing that half of everything isn't supported for it.
 
Wally,

I love your taste in components for a great powerful computer. Your entire build is perfect and I like your choice of a 1000 W PSU. I'm loving my 1200 W its great, it powers 3 cards perfectly. For the motherboard I would get the Bloodrage because I've heard some good reviews about it. And you just can't beat that sexy red color. I'm not sure if you have a velociraptor at hand but I would use 2 velociraptors and put them in RAID 0 for your main drive. But AAKs are good also. For the ram, I know they are EXTREMELY expensive and you don't have a TON of cash laying around but if you could try to squeeze in a little more ram so you can put that x64 bit Vista into good use :D.

For your choice of monitors I would choose the Acer because first of all I have 2 of those and they haven't let me down yet and don't think they will. Great monitor :D I play my PS3 on it and the visual quality is great :D.

I might do raid with the Caviar Blacks but I'm not sure yet. And so far they only have 6GB kits on Newegg so thats as far as I'm going for now. 12GB kits are coming out soon so I plan on adding those to my list if they come out before I build it. Thats if I get the Bloodrage board, but if I get the gigabyte one, then I could just get 2 of those 6GB kits. Still not sure.

Dang, how do you guys find the money to buy all that stuff? Must cost thousands, with THREE graphics cards like Volcom has.
One thing though: I was wondering why you had chosen 6GB of RAM. Unless you're going for 64-bit Vista/OS of your choice, it's kind of pointless, seeing as 32-bit can only utilize 3.5-4.0 GB of the RAM anyways, and wastes all the rest. 64-bit OSs in my opinion are a bit too advanced for the present, seeing that half of everything isn't supported for it.

I do have Vista Ultimate x64. If you read the bottom of my post I said I have x64. :D

Don't worry everyone, I know what I'm doing ;)
 
Last edited:
Ah, OK. It's just that I have an inherent disliking for 64-bit OSs, especially Vista 64-bit, because Vista already doesn't support half of anything. :D
Well, I guess this is what I get for not following the computer components for about a year, my knowledge is entirely archaic now. :P
However, may I make one suggestion: I always thought that it's best if your RAM goes in pairs. So I'd suggest that you get either 4GB or 8GB of RAM, and not leave that one lone, third stick of RAM without a partner.
...
Your post also makes me think back on when I was trying to build a computer... Dang, the stuff you can get now is so much more advanced and cheaper than what I had a year ago. Stupid Moore's Law. :) (Or should I say GOOD Moore's Law? It keeps stuff cheap!)
-Batterytime
 
However, may I make one suggestion: I always thought that it's best if your RAM goes in pairs. So I'd suggest that you get either 4GB or 8GB of RAM, and not leave that one lone, third stick of RAM without a partner.
-Batterytime

Probably wouldn't want to do that. The new Corei7 boards are triple channel memory that means pairs of 3. Your thinking if this board is dual channel then I would put it in in pairs of 2. You should start following computer technology again man :p
 
Arggh, this is again what I get for not following tech for a while. Whoa! Triple channel RAM?!?!? Nice.

Oh, and 3-somes don't come in pairs. They come in triplets! :P (Just messing with you)
 
Arggh, this is again what I get for not following tech for a while. Whoa! Triple channel RAM?!?!? Nice.

Oh, and 3-somes don't come in pairs. They come in triplets! :P (Just messing with you)

I know 3 isn't a pair but it just sounds better to say "comes in pairs of 3" :D
 
I'm going to be building a new computer shortly with the new core i7 Intel, 4 terrabytes striped, 4 vid cards Nvidia GTX 295, 12 gigs of ram and liquid cooling. 90 percent of the products will be purchased on newegg.

Peace!
 
...4 vid cards Nvidia GTX 295...

Cigarjohn, the GTX 295 is a dual GPU card, and has one SLi finger. Since its dual GPU its already running in Sli. Since Octo-SLi doesnt exist yet, you can put a max of two GTX 295's in one system for a Quad-SLi system, not four of them :P.

1229590035scDZaZIrf2_1_4_l.jpg


1229590035scDZaZIrf2_1_3_l.gif
 
Well by "4 Video Cards" he could have meant 4 GPUs but just in case he didn't know its a good thing he won't go out and by 4 of them then realizing he could only use 2. I guess we'll see the next time he posts.
 
I'm going to be building a new computer shortly with the new core i7 Intel, 4 terrabytes striped, 4 vid cards Nvidia GTX 295, 12 gigs of ram and liquid cooling. 90 percent of the products will be purchased on newegg.

Peace!

Potentially stupid question, but how're you going to be running those 4TB drives striped with Windows? It's impossible. Windows won't recognize a partition larger than 2TB.

I'd suggest a RAID5 array. You get speed and protection, with 3TB of usable space.

~Gooda~
 
4 Terrabytes striped!

Well sir; to answer your question, I am going to stripe 2 1 terrabyte drives in a RAID 1 Configuration giving me 1 terrabyte of storage for mission critical applications. And 2 1 terrabyte drives in a RAID 0 configuration which will give me a total of 2 terrabytes for gaming and storage for my video editing business that I do on the side as a hobby and for extra money to donate to eGO!

I hope that answers your question?


Peace!

P.S. Might look into a RAID 0+1 configuration for my video storage drive. Not sure yet!
 
Cigarjohn, the GTX 295 is a dual GPU card, and has one SLi finger. Since its dual GPU its already running in Sli. Since Octo-SLi doesnt exist yet, you can put a max of two GTX 295's in one system for a Quad-SLi system, not four of them :P.

1229590035scDZaZIrf2_1_4_l.jpg


1229590035scDZaZIrf2_1_3_l.gif


Yes sir, I totally agree with you. I was going to purchase 2 cards only that will equal 4 cards theoritically. And the total power specs that you have are a little higher. After talking yesturday morning with an Nvidia Technician, each card will require 680 watts to run at full power. Thats 1360 watts just for two cards to run at full throttle.

I am looking into purchasing an external 2000 watt power supply that is so large that it won't fit in my case.

But thanks for that observation and sexy pictures you have displayed.

Peace to you and the clan and your family!
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top