Difference Between Bots and Seeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already knew how to tell if someone was seeding, its just VERY disappointing when your looking at the servers, seeing theres 5-6 people in a server *which means you could get a decent small game* to find out they are all seeding, and you have to either sit and wait for others to come, or look else where

I think what's more disappointing is seeing a server that's 0/32. If the seeders weren't there, it would be empty anyway, so why do they annoy you so much? Maybe you should try to help them seed, and a real game could actually get started.
 
I think what's more disappointing is seeing a server that's 0/32. If the seeders weren't there, it would be empty anyway, so why do they annoy you so much? Maybe you should try to help them seed, and a real game could actually get started.

No, because when a server is 0/32, you KNOW that no one is playing. When it's like 6/32, you're like "ohay maybe there's a game playing *click*"

These are just as annoying as the plugins on Q servers where it shows 26/32 or something and it turns out that there isn't really anyone there.

I can understand wanting to attract people to our servers, but this is very, very close to just outright lying to potential players. And I know that when I join servers that do this, I tend to stay away from those servers in the future because they just waste my time. So I personally would suggest we stop seeding.


And as for your argument that they stop seeding when people join, they don't. 3/4ths of the time they'll seed for eight hours and then the server gets full and I have to kick them to make room. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Just accept that our servers have some down times. That's just how it works.
 
With seeders u have maybe 6 people seeding and with bots u can have like 20. Plus we have real people doing it instead of just typing a command.
 
i know how to look for the now so I won't be duped into going into an empty server again. i think this thread has run its due course. i don't like the idea of seeding personally but i'm not the one running the organization. if it keeps the servers up and running and keeps bringing in the sponsors that is fine by me. i'm glad i know how to see if it is real peeps or seeders. that is good enough for me.
 
I think what's more disappointing is seeing a server that's 0/32. If the seeders weren't there, it would be empty anyway, so why do they annoy you so much? Maybe you should try to help them seed, and a real game could actually get started.


1: Exactly what Major Payne said, if you see a server at 0/32 you know that theres no chance theres a game going on at that point in thime, if there are 6 seeders on, it looks like there could be a game, which can be disappointing when you've just gotten in from work/school, wanting to play a game on your favourite map, to realise everyones Seeding... and I personally dont seed for 2 reasons: 1: If im not at my computer its switched off, 2: when I'm on my computer I'm normally busy *I dont have alot of time to play TF 2* and the time I do have on TF 2 I dont want to spend seeding...

@ Cut Chemist: While this is true, alot of the time *except for the point about having 20 bots* it makes little diffrence, everytime I go on eGO servers theres always at least 1 seeder, even if there are a few people in the server *In this case, I dont as such mind the seeders* but I have only seen once when the seeder has actually became responsive.
 
wow, like I don't know why its really that much of a big deal, seeders are a huge help.

If you go into a server that you thought maybe had say four or five people in it, and it turns out there seeders why don't you try sticking around for a while, maybe some of those people aren't seeders and will join in
EXAMPLE: I was getting online fairly early in the morning no one on so I went to spectate and read a book, someone came on the server I said hello drew 6 people into office.
 
Thanks for your discussion on this folks. I know lots of people have strong feels on this so for now I'm going to close it down before this becomes a battle between seeders and non-seeders. Please remember that we have a current policy, so even if you don't agree with it completely you need to stand behind it. Seeing as there are two fairly strongly dissenting opinions I'm sure leadership will discuss this soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top